Lost Carrier Network
icetime

Phone (Samsung Fascinate) was in my pocket, was working fine, pulled it out and noticed time was off.  Then tried to connect and everything was gone (phone, mail, etc., - wi-fi was off).  Pulled the battery and rebooted and still no Verizon network.  It's as if the entire handset provisioning went out the window.  I hate to try a full reset and blow everything away (since this is my 2nd device, first one had bad display, which I've heard now is not that uncommon).  Not impressed with the quality of this device.  Great when it's working, sucks when it's down, which my experience says is nearly 10-20% of the time.  Right now, it's 100% useless.  Can anyone help?  I cannot call out to re-provision the phone on this device.  If anyone knows the procedure, appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Lost Carrier Network
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you checked and verified that it is not in airplane mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Lost Carrier Network
icetime

Not in airplane mode.  Ended up having to get another phone.  This is my *3rd* device now.  The quality control on this device is very poor, in my view.  First phone, display blacked out, would not come back at all (even with battery pulls).  2nd phone, this thread, loses network (as if provisioning left the device, permanently).  Now, have a 3rd device for one day and already got it in a mode in texting where the keyboard would not input char's.  Not impressed. When the device works, it's nice, but is not a consistent performer.  Not ready for prime-time.

0 Likes