Lost gmail calendar
Idaho16

I use the gmail calendar and have four calendars that sync to my phone. For some reason I no longer have one of the calendars in my phone list. Everything is the same on gmail and nothing was changed. Is there a way to get the calendar back? Do I have to reset my phone to factory settings and reinstall my google sign-in?

0 Likes
Re: Lost gmail calendar
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Try the following to see if this is the issue:

1. Go into Calendar

2. Press the Menu button

3. Press Settings

4. Select Calendars

5. See if a calendar you use is unchecked.  If so, check that calendar.

If it's not this, then...

1. Go back one level (back to Settings)

2. Select Calendar sync

3. Sync any calendars that have Sync turned off.

If there is nothing unchecked, and everything is synced, then you should check to see whether the calendar that is missing is also missing from your list of calendars.  If so, try adding it back by pressing add account and going through that process.  If that doesn't work, going through the YouTube app to add your gmail account back onto your phone is another route to take.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Idaho16

The calendar doesn't exist anymore in my list of calendars to be able to check or uncheck. It is one of 4 calendars that are part of my account that is already added. What do you mean by the YouTube app to add the gmail account back on my phone? That is something I have not tried.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Did you click on the account that should be showing in your Calendar sync list (for all Gmail accounts you have on your phone) to see if the Calendar was checked?

If your Gmail account that you're missing your calendar for is missing from that list, chances are, it's been deleted.  In this case, you can try going into the Gmail app to re-enter it, but what I've found was that it wouldn't work.  On one of the posts on this site, I noticed someone suggested using YouTube to add Gmail accounts if you couldn't do so regularly, and that worked.  But if that account is still on your list for Calendar sync (even though the calendar isn't), then you may want to consider removing that account from your phone and re-entering it (to re-add it) using either Gmail or YouTube.

In YouTube, if it won't add in Gmail, press the Menu button and select My account.  Then select add account.  Where it says YouTube sign-in, sign in using your Gmail information, and it will add that gail account to your phone.

0 Likes