MMS Texting Timeout
Eaims1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on for several years now.  If I send and/or receive too many MMS texts within a short period of time all future MMS messages lock up for a good 10-15 minutes (in rare occasions for a few hours).  I'll try answering the usual questions I've seen pop up:

And to answer all the questions: 

it's been happening for several years

it happens on multiple messaging apps that go through the VZ network (messages, messages+, vz messages) but it doesn't happen with wi-fi only networks like telegram and whatsapp

it's been happening across multiple phones: samsung, motorola

it happens with any group:  I'm in several different texting groups all with different phone numbers and providers

it does not happen with my wife's iPhone

it happens in both Wifi and Data only, and it also happens when airplane mode is enabled

it also happens even after I've reset network settings too

Current phone seeing the issue is the S21

Current app being used is Google Messages

Labels (1)
Re: MMS Texting Timeout
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In Google Messages, there are three dots in the corner, tap that and then Settings. 
In Chat Features what is the Status? 

In Advanced, verify Auto-Download MMS is on. 

-David

0 Likes
Eaims1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's on.  MMS does work sometimes, it's just when there's high sends/received in a short period of time it simply stops working.  This just happens often because the groups I'm in have several people so even a brief back and forth with some/most of the people in the group can cause the "time out" to happen.

Eaims1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also Status says Connected.  I've never had a problem with SMS texts though which these "Chat Features" seem to apply too since I've never seen any of these features in a group chat.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing all these details. We want to make sure you can use it when you need it. Which text message app are you using?

~Gina

0 Likes
Eaims1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already posted that information in my first post.  Everything any Verizon rep could possible need is right there...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eaims, we know it's important that you are able to get assistance with your MMS messages. We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can look further into this with you.

*Brianna

0 Likes
lazyhour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Eaims1,

This just started happening to me a couple days ago for absolutely no reason. Instead of trying to get Verizon to fix whatever is causing it, I'm actually working with one of the messaging apps who wants to actually help and get this solved. Within one day I think they have a working app as I tested it a few hours ago and 30 mms messages went through in under 5 seconds. 

I'm going to stress test it tomorrow.

whatever1616
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact issue for years and very frustrated. I am using an S21 and also had the same issue with a Pixel 7 (Thinking it would fix the issue). Happens with all Android messaging apps (Google, Message+, etc).  I have had multiple calls with Tier 2 support and no help at all. At this point, looks like I might have to go to another carrier.

The main issue is that when I try to send a text with a picture (to one or sometimes more than one person), many times it gets delayed for many hours. For example messages +  says queued, and then sending and then just sits at sending for a very long time. No issues at all with my family who has Iphones sending messages with their iphones. I am on the only one that cannot get messages out. i also tested it against another S21 on AT&T and they couldn't get the message. 
Definitely seems like a Verizon network issue.  THis happens when both on Wifi and Cell.

My signal strength for Verizon isn't the best (-118dBm) but still works. ALso doesn't work on WiFi

If someone can help me out that would be great. I've spent way too many days for too long of a time trying to troubleshoot this issue.

0 Likes
whatever1616
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let us know what messaging app your testing. I've tried them all with no luck.

0 Likes