MMS attachments issues?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has anyone had any problems with not seeing or being able to download attachments sent via MMS to a Galaxy Nexus? I am not referring to pictures, but a vcf file (contact info) specifically.

I was sent three MMS messages (from an iPhone 4S) and according to the icon at the notification line they had attachments. All three were delivered blank. I actually watched the third one come in and briefly saw the download option. Which quickly disappeared.

I know that originally I had wifi on when the first message came in and quickly turned it off and the 4G LTE signal became active.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: MMS attachments issues?
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Ann154,

I have not seen this issue with vcf files before but, I understand the importance of being able to import/open these files. Since all messages are being sent by an iPhone 4S (as per your post) it may be that the iPhone is processing the file in a way/format that is conflicting with your Android phone. While Verizon Wireless does not recommend/support any third party applications, I would personally recommend to try Handcent (free SMS/MMS application) and see if this resolves the issue as I have been using this application for years on all my Android phones and it handles all SMS/MMS files very well.

I trust that my suggestion resolves the vcf files issue. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is possible that there was a conflict between the two operating systems.  I ended up have the files emailed to me, so I was able to get them and import them through the phone.

Picture messages I know work between the two phones, so I thought it was strange that vcf files acted so differently.

I actually like the stock messaging application so I haven't had any reason to try one of the third party apps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I've had that issue off and on since I got it. My Mom texted me a few pics last night and I can't download them. Hope the software update takes care of it. I spoke to a level 2 tech the other day and she said that Verizon said a software update will be available sometime in February.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just an update to this discussion.  After reading a suggestion to text a picture to myself, the image that I was trying to send earlier finally arrived on the other phone.

0 Likes
jessicaleighbennett

hey ann 154 u seem very knowledgable and i am knew to this community and have some questions that no one seems to be able to answer.. i applied to follow you, and would love to chat!! thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please post your question as a new discussion. I try not to allow private messages between newer users and myself until I get a better idea of their interactions with the community.

0 Likes
jessicaleighbennett

ok and iv been trying  im new to this and cant figure out how

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the top of the page and use the drop-down button to the right of Create and create a new discussion.