MULTIPLE ISSUES!! NO MORE CERTIFIED REPLACEMENTS PLEASE!!!
cstephens

HW: I500.04

FW: 2.2.2

Build: SCH-I500.ED05

NO NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE!

MULTIPLE SOFT AND HARD RESETS PERFORMED!!

Okay, so that should take care of the first FIVE question you guys want to always start with. Since purchasing this phone for $300 when it came out. I've been given two other "Certified" replacements for the following issues:

1. Constant force closes in VZW apps and TP apps

2. Missed calls/texts (newest problem)

3. Safe mode/lost apps

4. Regular screen captures (newest problem)

5. Freezes during phone calls and general usage

6. Flickering menu buttons (menu, home, back and search) during phone calls or incoming calls (newest problem)

7. Repeated soft resets and phone still remains frozen (newest problem)

8. Swipe feature unresponsive when texting -- touch sensor guage is out of sync (newest problem)

9. Ghost back button returns to home screen (newest problem)

10. Market updates fail

11. Screen freezes in the on position, overheats the phone (get a little android man w/ battery warning)  and drains battery

12. Battery won't hold a charge beyond a couple hours (newest problem)

13. Dropped calls

Please don't tell me that none of these are widespread issues. I've read through numerous threads and it is very apparent that the issues I've listed are widespread with users of this phone. I just want another phone and not another fascinate. I had been told Verizon (by an in-store manager while there to complain about this phone) was offering the Samsung Charge as a replacement to this phone due to the widespread issues, but now tech support is denying this claim. After further questioning, I was told that the offer had expired and I was not eligible to get the replacement. When in fact, I was calling and reporting these issues during the time of the offer. Whenever I requested a different phone I was told I could not have anything other than another one of these stupid fascinates. This phone OR should I say the VZW build is garbage. Please do something about this phone!! I'm sick of it!!! I don't want to be in another position of needing to make a phone call and can't. What happens if it is a matter of life and death and I'm stuck with this poor performing phone that won't allow me to make or receive calls. I have young children!

0 Likes
Re: MULTIPLE ISSUES!! NO MORE CERTIFIED REPLACEMENTS PLEASE!!!
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

try updating to latest os

but asn an fyi

the fascinate runs flawless with 2.1

0 Likes
cstephens

I'm not sure if you noticed the list I provided at the top of my post, but I believe I'm running the latest OS. Isn't it 2.2.2? If so, that's the Firmware (FW) I listed.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i thouhg the latest was eh09

version 2.3.something

aka gingerbread

0 Likes
cstephens

Oh, if that's the case. I'm not running 2.3 something (gingerbread). I was on the phone with support two days ago and they had me run a check for an update and my phone says there are none. Not sure how to get anything newer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hhhhmmm i am not 100% sure, but i thought i saw a gb for it, i just refuse to update and risk breaking a flawless phone

oh and you can go to xda and fix many of those issues

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

As I have stated many times and argued a few with VZW they are reconditioned for a reason.  Friend of mine recently upgraded to a new VZW phone . It died the next day.  The phone was one day old and they sent him a refurb !  He had been a customer for several years.  Told me today he really likes his new Sprint EVO.

Long story short, most refurbs are junk..........................

0 Likes
cstephens

Trust me!! I believe it! I've told VZW that I'm not keen on receiving a refurb phone either for that very reason. I don't trust them. As I've seen, not one VZW techie has chimed in yet, but they are actively supporting other postings. Thanks a lot VZW!!! It just shows me they don't care... It's all about that $200 I fork over every month for this crapper of a phone!

0 Likes
cpauger80

Fascinate #3 on it's way and sure to be DOA.  Been a customer for with VZW for 10 years now.  Never had an issue until now.  I have always defended VZW because my experience with them has always been positive.  This issue though has made me rethink their company and has placed the seed of switching providers.  This phone has had KNOWN issues since the 2.2 rollout.  It is unacceptable to me to just keep sending out the same phone with the hope that it MAY work.  Chances are, though, that the new phone I receive will just have been someone else's headache.  It's a never ending cycle until the manufacturers warranty is up and it is no longer VZWs problem.  I'm not asking for an iPhone or a Bionic I just want a phone that works the way it is supposed to.  I hope that the AT&T and T-Mobile merger goes through.  Then VZW will pale in comparison to AT&T and maybe cause them to change their ways and get back to ACTUALLY helping customers and drop this elitist mentality that they have developed in recent years.

0 Likes
cstephens

I've been a customer since 1994. I left for one year but then came back because I thought VZW was better. Now, I'm doubting myself since I've experienced two different 1st gen phones (BB Storm and Samsung Fascinate) and BOTH were garbage out the gate. From now on, I won't purchase a 1st gen phone because it's like MS operating systems, you need to wait a year for them to get the bugs out first.

0 Likes