Maintenance app
MODEJR1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. The device maintenance app of samsung doesnt fully work with verizon. Does anyone know how to fit it?

Re: Maintenance app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MODEJR1973,

Thank you for reaching out. We definitely want to make sure that your concerns are being addressed. Are you referring to a way to get it to fully function?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ehutch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  There appears to be some limited functionality under the Settings menu however the application appears to have been disabled for all intents and purposes.  The application icon doesn't appear anywhere on my 2 day old phone which seems to be using an inordinate amount of internal storage, twice what my s7 did and the phone is telling me it's out of space when all personal files are located on a micro sd.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have the S7 Edge so I am not sure if you have the same setup under your settings. Did you get the update in the play store for the device maintenance ? I had read on here where people got this update and the maintenance program that was in the battery icon had changed. As far as the storage have your cleared the cache to see if that would free up more space?

0 Likes
ehutch
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Device Maintenance App should be listed in Setting just under Advanced Features according to Samsung however it appears that Verizon has disabled/limited the application to very basic Storage and Battery functionality.  Frustrating as I'm trying to determine why Internal Storage is growing so quickly.  I've cleared cache, personal files are on an SD.  Same apps on my S7 took only 20gb of space and I'm at 38gb and growing on my S8,  If Verizon Customer Support is watching this thread I'd like to see an answer regarding the Samsung Device Maintenance Application and how I can enable it's full functionality.

ehutch
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what's missing

Storage

The Storage settings menu lets you manage internal and optional installed SD card (not included) storage on your phone.

Access Storage Settings

1. From home, swipe up to access Apps.
  2. Tap settings app icon Settings > device maintenance settings icon Device maintenance > Storage.
  3. View memory usage for the different types of information stored in your phone’s memory.
  4. Tap an item for more information.

Note: Tap Clean now to free up storage space by removing unneeded files.