Many text messages are not being delivered, with no notification of failure
TenaciousMV
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had problems with sending and receiving some text messages with my girlfriend over the past six months. She's also a Verizon customer. I even turned on delivery confirmation, but it doesn't help me know when one has failed. It confirms delivery on messages she never receives. This happens to about one out of every 30-100 text messages. It's actually caused some strain on our relationship in some cases, as important responses have been lost. That may sound silly, but it's not hard to imagine that this could end up causing some very frustrating situations.

Occasionally, the missing texts will end up showing up days or weeks later, sometimes hooked on to another message. It's incredibly frustrating.

Some notes:

-I only have the default texting app installed, with delivery notification on. It was happening before I turned on notification. The notification is useless, as it confirms delivery even when the message doesn't show up

-Sometimes my notifcation light will flash, I'll turn on my screen, and there is no text there.

-The issue goes both ways. Both of us have had messages lost.

-My signal strength is generally very good and the messages are "sent" quickly

What is my next move here?

Thank you,

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Many text messages are not being delivered, with no notification of failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TenaciousMV,  Let's make sure that our wireless relationship does not affect your personal relationship!  May I ask what device model do you each have?  I would suggest that you each erase the entire messaging thread between eachother to start fresh and clear any corruptions.  I look forward to continuing to troubleshoot with you!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
TenaciousMV
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply. I have a Galaxy Nexus. I will delete the entire thread to start.

0 Likes
kma28
Enthusiast - Level 1

There isn't going to be one ##$%$ person from Verizon who will respond, because NO ONE at that place really gives a damn about their customers.  88+ minutes I spent on the phone, just today, because since I bought what I was told was a new Motorola Razr HD in June 2013 it's been nothing but a giant paper weight.

Know, please, that I used my upgrade to buy a new phone at the Verizon store in Leesburg, VA.  Employees took the phone back from public view, brought it back out, said it was ready and I walked out.  Taking one photo, before I even got to my car, I checked the gallery and there, along with my one photo, were 20 or so photos of a young, black couple and their white poodle.  I am neither young, black or own a poodle.

Brought the phone back, was mocked saying "that can't be right", the phone went back beyond view of customers, returned shortly and advised that it certainly was new.  No photos of the young couple anymore.  In the ensuing months I've repeatedly brought the phone back to that store, and called to Tech Services about how the phone lost text messages, battery drained in less than one day (and I don't play music on it, I don't pay bills on it, I basically use it for communicating with our children.)  Christmas of 2013, less than 6 mos after buying the paperweight, with the battery gone inside of 4 hours I was told that because I had the phone, in Alexandria, vs. Leesburg, the battery must have drained.  The solution?... buy a new battery.  (you can't buy a battery for this unit, it's built in.)  But sell me a new multi charger AND throw out the phone charger I brought with me to the store. "it's you, it's not the phone."

On Friday 10 October I missed 29 text messages - 29!! In one day.  The unit's icon said that I had 29 messages but I could not retrieve one.  Missed many leading up to our son's wedding and that time Verizon said it's because the sender had an Iphone - I phones are bad.  I called Tech Services, last night, was on the phone for awhile with "Steve" who had me change a bunch of settings on my phone and pronounced the unit "fine."  Except that it isn't and today another 11 texts are lost.  Called Tech Services back and after being a customer for 15 or so years I'm told that, at best, at best- what they will do is send me a certified used unit.  Why would I want a known used unit - I already got a used unit from Verizon, 1.5 years ago, of course they lied and said it was new.  Even when they saw that it wasn't.

Pay your bill on time, stay with Verizon and what do you get?  Nothing.  A big fat nothing.  "No you don't qualify for the Edge Plan, but we'll send you an email about it AND, when it does become available, we'll text you."  Really?  do you expect me to actually receive it?  Here's a better one - from John at Tier 2 today - get a new phone line and you'll get a phone for free. In a family of two, each of us owning a cell phone who does John suggest use the new phone line - our cat?  Somehow my work in the legal profession makes me wonder how ethical that suggestion was.  What would we do with a new line - just pay for it? 

Hold a customer hostage: your eligibility isn't valid until next June and in the meantime I guess Verizon just intends me to continue to pay hundreds of dollars each month for the privilege of owning a worthless paperweight. 

Pft on you Verizon.  And you can quote me, too.