Message Light won't go away.
DDMartini
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting the green message light on the upper left hand corner of my phone.  It shows a message in the dropdown screen but when I click on it, it takes me to another screen in messaging like I want to write a new message.  When I go to my conversations, it does not pull this one up.  I have tried everything I can think of to make it go away.  Any suggestions?

It's like a phantom message . . . .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message Light won't go away.
DDMartini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You Herbb623.  Your option #1 worked.  I was able to clear out the message and the pesky "1".

Herbb623 wrote:

2 things to 'try'...

1) Open Messaging...

Menu...Settings... Scroll down to Notifications...Uncheck or turn that off..

Exit out of there by hitting back button twice.  Reboot phone.

Go back in and turn that option back on again..   "may' clear leftover message.

Thank you to everyone that gave feedback and support.  It is appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Pull down or open the notification bar.

Typically there is a button there on right side down a little from the top with 'Clear' in it.

If its there, press it...that should clear all notifications.

0 Likes
DDMartini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, thank you but I have done that several times but it keeps popping back up again. 

Every time I click on my phone I think that I have a new text message but it is the same one.  If I have "2" messages - one of them is the "phantom". 

I have closed messaging and re-opened it but it just will not go away. I have force stopped the app, clean out the data cache. 

I can even do a preview scroll of the message on the drop down but when I click to open it, it is not there.

Thanks though for your reply.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Because that just clears the notification from status bar, you need to open your accounts and open the messages before it will clear..

0 Likes
DDMartini
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Wildman are you saying that I should go to my "Settings" Accounts & Sync?  The problem is is that it is a 40404 message - it came from my twitter account if that helps any - I just can not find where the message is or how to get to it.  Just want that little green  smiley face with the orange "1" on it to go away - it is taunting me now!  :smileyvery-happy:

Spoiler

0 Likes
DDMartini
Enthusiast - Level 2

still have the green text message light sitting in the top left hand corner of my screen and the pesky "1" on my text message icon in my tray.  Annoying.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

2 things to 'try'...

1) Open Messaging...

2) Menu...Settings...Applications...Manage applications....Press the 'All' button at top.

Scroll down thru list till you get to 'messaging'..open that..

Press the 'clear cache' button and then the 'clear data' button.

***   This will probably delete all your local messages so only try this one

if you dont care about losing them all..

Not sure what else it could be...weird one

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

DDMartini, I'm sorry your having issues with this message. I recommend performing a battery pull to assist with resolving this issue. You can also try clearing the cache. I have listed steps below. 

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Browser.

3. Press the Menu button.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.

To Clear cache:

1. From the Privacy settings section, select Clear cache
  2. Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

3. Select OK.

0 Likes
DDMartini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You Herbb623.  Your option #1 worked.  I was able to clear out the message and the pesky "1".

Herbb623 wrote:

2 things to 'try'...

1) Open Messaging...

Thank you to everyone that gave feedback and support.  It is appreciated.

0 Likes