Messaging RingTones
Vengeancebdt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can add with success custom ringtones for my phone ringer.  I can't seem to figure out how to add custom ringtones for text messaging or e-mails.  Is it even possible to add custom ringtones for messaging or e-mails?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging RingTones
Vengeancebdt
Enthusiast - Level 2

You need to copy your sound file to the "Notification" folder.  Then you can choose your custom or added ringtones for Messaging and E-mail notifications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

ICS may habve changed this option but normally you have to go to the messaging screen and activate the notification option.

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

Email:

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Email > Notifications........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Text Messaging > Scroll to notification area of list........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

0 Likes
Vengeancebdt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Must be changed in ICS.  You would think the Ringtones folder would be the default location for all ringtones, e-mai, messaging, etc.  I really don't care for the default ringtones and I would think this new phone and ICS would have a option to add custom ringtones for text messaging, email.

0 Likes
Vengeancebdt
Enthusiast - Level 2

You need to copy your sound file to the "Notification" folder.  Then you can choose your custom or added ringtones for Messaging and E-mail notifications.

0 Likes