Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Messaging RingTones
Vengeancebdt

I can add with success custom ringtones for my phone ringer.  I can't seem to figure out how to add custom ringtones for text messaging or e-mails.  Is it even possible to add custom ringtones for messaging or e-mails?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Messaging RingTones
Vengeancebdt

You need to copy your sound file to the "Notification" folder.  Then you can choose your custom or added ringtones for Messaging and E-mail notifications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

ICS may habve changed this option but normally you have to go to the messaging screen and activate the notification option.

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

Email:

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Email > Notifications........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Text Messaging > Scroll to notification area of list........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

0 Likes
Vengeancebdt

Must be changed in ICS.  You would think the Ringtones folder would be the default location for all ringtones, e-mai, messaging, etc.  I really don't care for the default ringtones and I would think this new phone and ICS would have a option to add custom ringtones for text messaging, email.

0 Likes
Vengeancebdt

You need to copy your sound file to the "Notification" folder.  Then you can choose your custom or added ringtones for Messaging and E-mail notifications.

0 Likes