Messaging problems
Jmccomas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a new phone. (Galaxy 23 plus)I had to have a temporary number until my number was ported over.

Once my number was ported I can send texts and they show up on other phones coming from my temporary number.

Will this always be the case?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure all messages show the correct number specially since you recently ported your number over to us. We would like to recommend to power off any devices used while this process was being made (your Galaxy S23 and possibly your previous smartphone). After a few minutes, just power your new Galaxy S23, and that should fix the problem. ~Geo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure all messages show the correct number specially since you recently ported your number over to us. We would like to recommend to power off any devices used while this process was being made (your Galaxy S23 and possibly your previous smartphone). After a few minutes, just power your new Galaxy S23, and that should fix the problem. ~Geo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!  Let us know if the steps provided above resolved the issue. We are just one message away in case you need additional assistance. Have a great day!

~Maria

0 Likes