Mid call issues
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometimes in a middle of a call the person on the other end loses me but I can still hear them clearly and they are like hello hello then hang up thinking they lost me and I'm saying here but they can't hear me. tried it on bluetooth, speakerphone, and earpiece always same result.

0 Likes
Re: Mid call issues
kdonnan

We experienced the same thing at our company starting at noon on January 5th.  We would receive calls on our land line from verizion customers.  We would hear dead air but they could hear us.  We are in the Chicago area.  Our land line provider is Comcast.  The issue seems to be resolved now.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Atmdevoted, I understand that this can be a difficult issue. I just have a few questions to see if we can pinpoint the cause of this issue. Does this occur in just one location or everywhere you use your phone? Does it happen on every call, with different people? If this is only in one location, then we may need to submit a trouble ticket for that area. If this is random and happening on nearly every call, it sounds like it may be an issue in the phone itself. I would recommend having the phone exchanged. Was this purchased in a store, online or over the phone? If in a corporate store, have it exchanged in the store. If over the phone or online, you can contact customer service at 800-922-0204 to exchange the device.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
crsa3000

I have had the same issue.  VZW has replaced my phone 2 times now because of this issue.  I received my 2nd replacement 2 days ago and have yet to have this problem, but I think it's too soon to tell.  Crossing my fingers.

0 Likes
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3

it has only happened with a couple of people but frequently with those people

0 Likes
bruski
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I both have the Nexus, and we have both experienced this. It seems to be random, but if it initiates, its always during a long (15+minute) call. The person only hears small sound bites of my voice every second or so. I can hear them perfectly. The only fix is to hang up and redial. After this happens, it can re-occur more frequently. I was talking during my drive to work and ended up redialing three times during a 30 minute conversation. I checked out other forums, and this actually is a pretty common issue. Some people have replaced phones, some changes out their Sim card, others have returned the Nexus and chose another phone completely. I also read that Verizon is well aware of this and is waiting for a solution and/or software update to fix it. Both my wife and I really like the Nexus, and are hoping the fix is coming soon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

sounds like network congestion.  I have been on conference calls with my Nexus 3+ hours and I haven't dropped them yet...

However...  If you go into your battery stats and look at your network connection you should see if you lost completely signal temporally.  I can go 2-3 days without a blip on the network, but once in a while here and there I'll drop network for a short period of time(less than 30 seconds).

0 Likes
bruski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure about every situation, but in my wife's and my case, and most I've read about, it's probably not a congestion issue. I don't drop the call - in fact I have at least 3 bars showing. The person on the other end just can't hear what I'm saying. All they get are very brief sound bites  - like a small portion of my words - every second or so. During this time I can hear them perfectly, My only solution is to actually terminate the call and re-call them back. This happens whether I'm talking to a cell phone or land line, and it's happened both while traveling and when I'm at a stationary location.I've had it happen whether I'm in CDMA or LTE mode. It's not a constant thing, but can occur if my phone call gets to around 15 minutes or so.

applewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've experienced this same problem while stationary in my home. It happens randomly, and appears to be happening more frequently. It started out about once or twice a week, now it's about 3x's a day. Various callers involved, and happens at various times during a call. I can hear the person on the other end clearly and they can't hear me. The call isn't being dropped because we're still connected. One of us has to disconnect the call and call back, then it usually works.

I hope they get this sorted out quickly! What good is a cell phone if you can't use it.

gabe23

I raised the microphone issue before and got no response (see below).  It's being discussed on other forums and it is NOT a problem with dropped calls or bad connections.  It's a failure of the phone to send outbound audio even with a full signal.  Many people are exchanging the phones and it's not helping.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/766195

0 Likes