Missed calls - ringing through headset
jmaxwell92264

I am missing incoming calls, because my phone is ringing through the headset when I'm not using it.  Even when I turn off media to the headset, it turns itself back on and the ringing always goes to the headset (Voyager Pro + earpiece with A2DP). 

I have a Samsung Fascinate and this issue started a couple of weeks ago - about the time that Verizon forced the Gingerbread update onto my phone.

This morning I was awakened by one short ring and then missed the call.  I discovered that media had been turned on, even though I made sure it was turned off last night.  It turns itself on and I miss important calls.

0 Likes
Re: Missed calls - ringing through headset
Wildman
Legend

Try unpairing the bluetooth and then pair it again and see if it helps..

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

Wildman wrote:

Try unpairing the bluetooth and then pair it again and see if it helps..

I've tried that several times.  I also tried taking the battery out of the phone.  I don't know how to take the battery out of the Voyager Pro + headset - Is there a way or is there another way to do a hard reset?

Often the Bluetooth settings screen on the phone shows Voyager PRO + as "Connected to phone and media audio", but only "Phone" is checked in the Options, and "Media" is not checked.  (In this situation, when I test the ring tone it goes to the headset, not the phone speakers.)

0 Likes
Not applicable

That issue sounds very frustrating. I can provide some additional steps that should take care of the issue. There were some improvements made to Bluetooth with the latest software update.  Please ensure your software is up to date before proceeding with these troubleshooting steps. Here's the software update site. I would suggest:

1) Delete the Voyager PRO from the paired device list entirely. 

2) Clear the cache/data of the Bluetooth app on the Fascinate: Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Clear the Cache/Data/Force Stop on the following Apps: Bluetooth Share - Bluetooth Test (if possible) - OPP - Along with any other apps that show the Bluetooth symbol.

3) Reboot your phone.

4) Pair your Fascinate with your Voyager PRO: Bluetooth Pairing Guide 

5) Retest

This is always a last option, but may be relevant: How to Factory Reset the Fascinate. Please let us know which (if any) of the troubleshooting steps worked for you in case others are in the same boat. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well i must say good luck on deleting a paird item from the bluetooth list. I ended up factory reseting.

I found a new thing i hate with 2.3.5 as it seems there is no way to delete an item from the paired list.

You can unpair the item, but the delete option is no longer avialble under 2.3.5. I do remember seeing delete under 2.2.x...

It is interesting to me that your headset and phone both dont go off when ringging or notifications. Maybe it is the way i have my phone configured, but when I have the headset connected in phone and media it goes off on both items for me.

At first i hated this, but then decided i might like it if the headset was not in my ear and i got a call or notification.

I have the LG stereo headset so sorry its not a Voyager PRO and could be compairing apples to oranges. The headset vibrates and the phone goes off when i have the earpieces not in my ears. Yes it also vibrates and the phone goes off when i have the earpieces in my ears too.

0 Likes