Mms messages not going thru
kunzilla

I have had this ongoing problem on my Galaxy Nexus.  Most of the time when I send a pic to someone it is stuck on pending for days. I also don't always get pics sent to me.....they are stuck saying downloading. It has nothing to do with being on wifi, 3 or 4 g either.  I have cleared the data and the cache. I have disabled and enabled but the problem will sometimes clear up for a couple of days then start all over again. Please help!

0 Likes
Mms messages not going thru
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First verify your cellular data connection is active and shows 3G or 4G in the notification bar.

Second, when it seems my MMS messages are stuck, I usually send myself a picture message with the data connection active.  That will un-stick the other messages for me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Mms messages not going thru
Lauriek2

That didn't solve the problem. The pic I sent to myself took 5 hours and the one to my husband is still pending 6 hours later. The pic a friend sent me 12 hours ago also hasn't downloaded.

0 Likes
kfoster60

I have the same problem exactly... I can't send or receive pictures at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kunzilla,  Let's make sure those precious memories are sent and delivered!  Are you other data services working as normal?  Where are you located?  Are other users able to send and receive in the same area without hassle?  Have we ever had the opportunity to troubleshoot over the phone or file a trouble ticket?  Try removing your SIM card and reinserting it to refresh the device with the network.  It would be my pleasure to provide additional support to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
recremar

I have had the same issue for several days. I removed the battery and sim card for several minutes and then rebooted. Did not work.  What other steps to fix this rather irritating problem.

0 Likes
TKruse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, this problem has been going on for over a year.  It appears that you don't know what the problem is or don't want to fix it, not sure which.  Please advise on what we are supposed to do to get this working or when we can expect an adjustment on our bills for paying for something that just does not perform as advertised.

TKruse
Enthusiast - Level 2

If anyone is following this issue we keep seeing these same scripted replies from VZW tech support.  Have done it all, removed the battery, removed the SIM, powered down, enabled WiFi, enabled data, stood on one foot facing east patting my head clockwise, nothing, nothing works.  Even went into a store and he couldn't figure it out either.

VZW, refund please!

TKruse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone seen a refund yet on VZWs inability to support MMS?

0 Likes
TKruse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was just able to exchange MMS with my buddy who also has Samsung Galaxy Nexus on VZW using WhatApp.  I think this very much puts the problem with the VZW network.

Refund, Refund, Refund.............

0 Likes