Mobile Data not working
edelee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a Verizon Wireless customer since they were fka GTE (25+ years)!!!

As of 11am on 7/27, I have been without mobile data or the ability to make/receive phone calls.  I spend several hours online with the chat agent, gave him all of my device details, removed the SIM card, etc before being told that I needed to be elevated to Tier 2.  I called Tier 2 and spoke with an agent who told me that there was an outage in my area and that there was no estimated time for restoration.  He suggested that I call back the next day 7/28 for an update.  When I called back, the new agent wasn't showing a reported outage until I mentioned that that was what I was told the night before.  She then told me that someone would contact me in 2-3 days to try and assist me.... 2-3 days with no phone service, only text seems a bit much and unrealistic.  It was then recommended that I try their wi-fi calling feature and that might be my best bet...really? Lol.... 

Can someone please provide some insight on this issue or a possible resolution?

- Performed required system update morning of 7/27

- Received new phone for other phone on this account

- Have another account and that line is having the same issue

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Data not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with service and with getting help, edelee. I know you rely on us for dependable service and so it's concerning to hear this. We appreciate that awesome tenure with us and I want to ensure that we get to the bottom of this. Since it's been a couple days since you wrote in, are you still without service? I know you mentioned calling and data not working but what about texting? What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes