Moving apps/data to SDCard - Tab E (8)
Dozer70

Just got a Samsung Tab E (8) (SM-T377V) tablet.  On every other Android phone/tablet I've had before I've been able to go to Settings | Apps | App manager and be able to move some apps and data to an installed SD card.  That doesn't seem to be an option on any apps on the Tab E (for example, Kindle app).  The SD card is properly installed and recognized by the tablet...but no apps give the move to SD card option.

The tablet just recently updated to Android version 7.1.1, but I've never been able move any apps/data.  Am I missing something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving apps/data to SDCard - Tab E (8)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google changed the OS to not allow installation of applications on the SD card. The manufacturer has a add the ability back and Samsung probably didn't include it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google changed the OS to not allow installation of applications on the SD card. The manufacturer has a add the ability back and Samsung probably didn't include it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dozer70

Thanks for the reply...is this different between tablets and phones?  I can certainly do that on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone (also running 7.1.1).  Settings | Apps | App Manager | Amazon Kindle | Storage  and I have the option to change what storage is used (i.e., move the data to internal storage or external SD Card).  I can do this with many apps on the Galaxy Note 8 phone.  Not available at all on the Tab E tablet.  Between downloading Kindle books, Audio books, podcasts, etc I'm going to be filling up the 16GB of internal memory pretty quick!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More likely the difference between low end and high end devices.

0 Likes