Multiple Issues
cstephens

My Samsung Fascinate keeps locking up and never turns off which kills my battery. It's also taking random screen captures every few hours. Will someone help fix these issues? I've received two certified phones and still have the same issues!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple Issues
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

One thing you can try.

Make sure your phone is at latest software version,  ED05.

Menu..Settings...About Phone... 

Build and Baseband versions should end in .ED05.

If not,    Menu...settings..about phone..system updates..check for updates..and get this latest version.

Then,

Do a Factory reset on your phone after first making  sure

all contacts, etc have been backed up or synced with Google.

Menu..Settings...Privacy...   Factory data reset.

After its done, activiate phone via a call to *228 and option 1.

then update roaming list via *228 option 2.

Then just use the phone for a week.

Do NOT install ANY apps from the Market or anywhere else.

If the phone works OK, then slowly install a couple apps at a time.

After couple installs, use phone again for a few days to make sure its still OK.

Once problems begin, then latest set of apps are causing the issues.

0 Likes
cstephens

I have that version of the update on my phone. I've performed two factory resets and slowly installed apps back on slowly. It's amazing that my samsung reacts to "apps" so adversely but my husband's HTC droid has the same set of apps and more, that I don't have, and his phone doesn't react and he's on the same carrier as I am. Personally, I think it's the phone and not the market apps, but that's my humble opinion based on the fact that I re-installed the same apps I had on my phone that my husband has and still experienced problems, but he didn't. Oh well, thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll have to start all over again for the third time with this stupid phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

cstephens wrote:

I have that version of the update on my phone. I've performed two factory resets and slowly installed apps back on slowly. It's amazing that my samsung reacts to "apps" so adversely but my husband's HTC droid has the same set of apps and more, that I don't have, and his phone doesn't react and he's on the same carrier as I am. Personally, I think it's the phone and not the market apps, but that's my humble opinion based on the fact that I re-installed the same apps I had on my phone that my husband has and still experienced problems, but he didn't. Oh well, thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll have to start all over again for the third time with this stupid phone.

the htx and samsung have diff front ends and some diff in software and drivers

so yes, they may react differently

0 Likes
cstephens

Makes sense! Being that his phone is a Motorola and mine is a Samsung. Thx!

0 Likes