Multiple problems after froyo
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

I have been having many various mini crashes after the update which I never had before, and I see that many of you have factory reset your phones. I am not very tech savvy, but I see under settings and privacy there is a factory data reset. I also see there is a "back up my data" which backs up current settings and application data. Is this how you back up your phone prior to factory resetting? Are the pics and messages backed up as well as the phone book, and all apps installed , or do all 3rd party apps have to be reinstalled?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiple problems after froyo
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Download the application "SMS Backup & Restore from the Market. It will backup sms messages to the sd card. Run the app and have it create a backup. Redownload the app after the factory reset. Open it and use the restore option to retrieve your saved text messages.

It will not save mms (picture) messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
an0dyne
Enthusiast - Level 3

maryl wrote:

I have been having many various mini crashes after the update which I never had before, and I see that many of you have factory reset your phones. I am not very tech savvy, but I see under settings and privacy there is a factory data reset. I also see there is a "back up my data" which backs up current settings and application data. Is this how you back up your phone prior to factory resetting? Are the pics and messages backed up as well as the phone book, and all apps installed , or do all 3rd party apps have to be reinstalled?

unless you have an app for it, txts are gone. Pics are gone if they weren't onthe sd card. the backup assistant is your friend. It will get all your contacts and calendar back if enabled. all apps are gone, but paid apps are still in the market (as its tied to your google account with phone set up) for re-download.

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

So all info on the micro sd card are unaffected?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Download the application "SMS Backup & Restore from the Market. It will backup sms messages to the sd card. Run the app and have it create a backup. Redownload the app after the factory reset. Open it and use the restore option to retrieve your saved text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

Thank you, I'll do that .  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes