Music Player issues
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

I use Google Music to stream music from my phone to my Bluetooth device. In the past, I was using WinAMP, and when I used Pause/Forward/Backward controls from my bluetooth device, it would control WinAMP. WIth Google Music, when I use these controls, it is starting the default "Music Player" and leads to a situaion where both Google Music and "Music Player" are playing at the same time, resulting in a cacophony. Even worse, when I end my bluetooth session, Google Music gracefully stops playing but the default "Music Player" continues to blare music over the phone speaker. The only way to stop this is to either kill the "Music Player" process or start Music Player and exit.

Is there any way to make Google Music my default music player and disable the built-in "Music Player"?

0 Likes
Re: Music Player issues
Wildman
Legend
Try going to the Settings / Application / and players names and clear the default options and then when you go to activate it again it should ask which one you want to make default player.
0 Likes
Re: Music Player issues
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the great idea, Wildman! Hey telveer, can you let us know if this worked for you? Thank you!!

0 Likes