Music
munch

I have downloaded a song and now I want to delete it.  I can't seem to find anywhere on this phone to uninstall or delete this song.  Can anybody give me a clue on how to delete a song? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Music
weverette
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you downloaded from android market, youll have to delete it from your google music account from the website.

0 Likes
munch

Ok so I went to the music app on the android market and I have went into accounts and my music but I can't find anywhere to delete a song.  I must be in the wrong place.  Any other suggestions on how to get where you're talking about?

0 Likes
weverette
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
munch

Ok, I did that and it worked.  Thanks for your help.  It seems kind of dumb that I just can't delete it from my list on my phone.

0 Likes
weverette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that. On the other hand, if they make it too easy, someone will delete that $29 album they just bought by accident. you have to delete it from the source.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi munch, I'm glad you were able to get your songs deleted. Thanks weverette for your assistance. If these songs were purchased from Google or synced to your Google Music, then they need to be deleted from Google Music since they are synced to your Gmail account. If these are songs that were synced from your computer or downloaded from a 3rd party application, you normally should have the option to delete from the device. After you select the song, you'll have a small triangle next to the song that gives the options for Play, Add to playlist, Shop for artist, Delete and Search. You may not have this option on all songs, depending on how they were synced to the phone.

0 Likes
hubris67

So I have a question? I have all my music on the Google Music cloud and I just download it for offline usage for when I'm at work. Much easier so far than dumping mp3's onto my phone all the time. Question is can I delete certain songs for the device for offline use, or do I have to clear the cache and start all over? Got my whole "work music" set on there for offline use, but only need to delete 50-100 songs of it and replace them with more every now and then. I would hope there's a way to do this without clearing the whole thing and starting over. Thanks.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello hubris67! In my experience, the playlist that you have uploaded to Google Music can be edited through that application. You can access it through the Google Music website. Some songs can be also removed from the playlist at the phone level.

0 Likes