My Android Messages not being received by iPhone users
Smitty2626

Hello.  I am at my wits end here with text messaging from my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G+.  My phone works fine, but lately, and more frequently, friends/co-workers/family who have iphones are not receiving my text messages.

I have tried everything suggested online including clearing caches, restarting, maximing performance by cleaning up the phone (which I already do all the time) and clearing trash.  I've even had a friend of mine who has an iphone use the tips found online to see if that would work.  Nope.  And it's not just her phone.  It's everyone who has an iphone.  I need to be able to text to iphone users for work/personal/family business so this is hugely inconvenient for me.  I love Samsung, but if this continues I may have to switch to iphone and that is something I swore I would never do.

Anyone else having this issue, especially recently?  Are there any fixes for it?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: My Android Messages not being received by iPhone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smitty2626,

We are so sorry you are having trouble with your messages. We want to get to the bottom of this. Let's get a few more details. 

Are you able to receive message from all users otherwise? Did anything happen or change on your device? Are you using Messages+?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Smitty2626

Thank you.  I am using messages+ and nothing has changed with my phone.  It works perfectly fine in all other respects.  Acquaintances with iPhone sometimes get my message, or not.  It's very spotty.  I have also noticed that for some with iPhone the text will show "delivered" others just say "sent" and sometimes they see those and sometimes they don't. It's super frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smitty2626, 

Thank you for the details. We want to find a solution. Do you receive messages just fine from everyone? The ones that say sent or delivered, do they actually get received? Do you know when this started?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Smitty2626

I received messages from everyone with no problem.  It started a few months back, but now it seems to be more frequent as it is happening daily.  As for the messages that say "sent", sometimes they get them, sometimes they don't. 

I appreciate you looking into this and am happy to answer any questions.

0 Likes
Smitty2626

One other issue I forgot about but it just happened again.  Occassionally when I send iPhone users a text, they only get part of it or it goes thru to them looking like computer code.  Just happened with a co-worker.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Smitty2626! 

We are here to help, and we know how important it is to be able to send messages reliably. How often does this happen to you? Do you notice if it happens at certain times of the day, or on certain days of the week? 

-Michelle

0 Likes
Smitty2626
Spoiler
The partial messages are super random.  As for the iPhone users not receiving my texts, that happens daily, several times a day and with various people.  It's really a big problem.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details! When this occurs, is it only within group messages, or messages to individuals as well?  

-Michelle

0 Likes
Smitty2626

Oddly it never happens in group texts.  Only to individuals.

0 Likes