My Samsung Galaxy Nexus has android version 4.2.2
gardenwmn

As stated above my Nexus has the android version 4.2.2, however, we originally got poor reception in our home and within the past month we now get NO reception in our home and in many other places as well.  Not always in buildings and we are covered in 4G areas every place we go.  I've seen people mention how they changed their phones back to 3G...can anyone walk me through this?  It would be nice to be able to send and receive calls once in a while.

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy Nexus has android version 4.2.2
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Under settings > wireless & networks "more" > mobile networks > network mode > CDMA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gardenwmn

Ann,

Thank you.  We have done that.  Still no signal. *sigh*  We have also removed battery and SIM cards and let sit for 5 minutes then replaced both.  Is it the phone or the VZW?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Voice calls are still on the 1xRTT (2G) network. The phone should connect to the portion of the network even when the phone shows connecting to the 4G LTE network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call Verizon Support from a different phone. Its possible the closest tower to your location could be having issues. By calling from a different phone techs can do further tests with your device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy reliable performance from your Nexus gardenwmn! I know I've enjoyed excellent results with mine! What is your zip code? If you are experiencing poor to no service in all locations, it is likely device related. Are you power cycling the device daily? How about a battery pull? Are there other devices experiencing similar difficulties in your location?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just replying to every thread in the forum that references updating the Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.3

Its ridiculous that every other carrier pushed this update months ago.  There is no excuse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TimTheK,

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to better service our customers. You can keep up to date with when updates are available here: http://vz.to/1hTm1so .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes