Re: My Verizon App Wont Update or Uninstall
jmamjm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem as the earlier posting.  His/Her problem was clearly explained.   When clicking on the My Verizon Icon, it goes straight to a screen that says "Help us keep you safe. Update you My Verizon App to insure it is aligned with our latest security standards"   and there is an "update" button on the bottom.  When clicking the update button a new screen pops up with a graphic and a "try again" button.   Can push try again over an over, same screen returns.   Dead end!

Then, tying to go to the Play Store to an getting to the My Verizon App.  An uninstall option is not offered to me, it again only shows an "update" button.  Click the 'update' button, and get a "something went wrong, try again" notification that stay up for a few seconds then fades away.   Dead end!

I tried to disable the App, then everything I then try just leads me to an "enable" button...then again to the same "update" button.  Viscous circle, dead end!

I tried to "clear cache" and "clear data", it appears to switch to 0.0 mb on the screen, but then it does not stay there, it always reverts back to the cache an data values previously shown. 

I tried "open/close" , "disable/enable" and "force stop/restart"  all with the same results leading to the original problem  "Help us keep you safe. Update you My Verizon App to insure it is aligned with our latest security standards"  Viscous circle, dead end!

Restricted by notification, Yes.   There was an automatic Verizon update yesterday.  Connected to Wifi - yes.  All other apps (74) updated today correctly with the "update all" button.  No other problems I can see at the moment. 

Please help!

Acarlson888
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has Verizon responded to you yet with a helpful answer? I can't seem to find the answer. I've Google searched and been on hold with Verizon with no resolution. I cannot manage my Verizon account on my phone because the app hasn't worked in weeks. I am in the same viscious cycle everyone else on this thread has mentioned with no solution. Extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Acarlson888, we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. As a Mt Verizon app  user, I know how important it is for you to be able to use that app and we want to help. Are you the account owner or an account manager? Do you have any issues when you access your My Verizon account on a PC?

-Jacob

0 Likes
Acarlson888
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Jacob. I am an account manager. My brother in law is the account holder. No one else on our plan has problems connecting on the MyVerizon app via their mobile. On PC, I am able to get in, yes. My only issue is on Android Samsung phone that I personally have (S20 Plus). It won't allow me to update. Again, this is the exact problem others on this forum have mentioned. I've tried clearing the cache on all my apps, updating all apps, ensuring I have latest software updates for the OS, and done probably 20 restarts, still nothing. The "Try Again" screen continues to populate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details. Have you tried uninstalling the app, then restarting the phone, and reinstalling it? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
Acarlson888
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Vanessa - No, because that's not an option. I am not able to uninstall, only disable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Acarlson888, 

Thank you for letting us know. We may need to reset the phone back to the factory settings to force the update. Do you have your phone backed up?

-Jenelle

0 Likes