My phone will not send text messages
sarahkinman

However I have can receive them just fine.

I've tested this by using another phone, it seems my messages only come in but do not go out.

I've restarted, I've tried safe mode, and it seemed to have worked for one message but then stopped working.

I can receive phone calls and internet usage as well.

0 Likes
Re: My phone will not send text messages
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

My sons did the same thing.

Delete all the threads so there are no messages on the phone.

it worked and still is working fine.

This also worked on my wife's Droid a855 had the same problem same fix worked.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi sarahkinman,

I use messaging A LOT on my phone, so I understand the importance of the service working properly for you. Thanks to wardcst24 for your input, it is appreciated. Did these steps resolve the issue in sending messages? If so, that's wonderful. If not, I'd be happy to look further into this for you. Feel free to send me a DM with your name and mobile number.

Thanks in advance!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EPadham

Hi,

I have been having the same problem for a while now and it is so frustrating.  I went to the Verizon store 2 days ago and they told me that there will be a patch available within 2 weeks.  Is this true because I really can't stand that I don't know if people got my messages or not.  At one point all of my threads just disappeared and it worked for a little while (less than a week).  I'd rather not have to delete all of my threads to keep the phone working.  What can be done? 

Thank you

0 Likes
swilli3333

The same thing has been happening to me.  My Fascinate had been working fine, then suddenly about two or three weeks ago I could not send text messages.  I can receive them sometimes but the texts I send are never received.  Anybody know what's up?

0 Likes
notplayin

Similar problem with the Facinate, can send texts but do not receive any until I reboot under safe mode then all texts arrive at once.  This has been happening for about a week now.  This phone has progressively gotten sicker (as many other posters have experienced) seemingly due to "updates" that are automatically downloaded.  This phone has had known problems for many months now but there havn't been any solutions.  Another forthcoming update?

Firmware: 2.3.5

Baseband:Si500.04 V.EH03

Kernel:2.6.35.7

Build:SCH0I500.EH03

0 Likes
screamin

I have the same problem . and so does my husband. the phones will either not send or not recieve text messages . we have done the pain in the ass factory reset etc.. and the problem always returns . I will send texts and find out later that people got a bunch of messages from me at random ,almost always at the worst times late at night etc.... so lame

0 Likes
screamin

Would also like to know if there is a fix coming?

0 Likes