NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
kebo901
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anybody received the 4.4 kitkat update yet on their note 3 update? My friend who has a note 3 with tmobile has received it already.

Labels (1)
271 Replies
crazyoldman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Discussion of rooting removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

So there are some who have the update.  You will need to root your phone in order to download and install that update.  There's also word that the S4 4.4.2 update will be pushed out on 5/2/14.  Seems someone was able to get a shot of a Verizon document.  Some are thinking that's when the N3 4.4.2 update will be pushed out.

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I just read the same article. I am so frustrated because my note pro has the update and my phone is so behind.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

The OTA should be pushed out tomorrow some time. Build vrucnc2. Kernel built March 13th. Hopefully nothing changes and they push it tomorrow!

0 Likes
FreedomFighter_07
Enthusiast - Level 2

What did you get?  Note 3 kitkat??  Whatever you added at the bottom of your post isn't showing up.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

I'm calling BS on your screenshot. Judging by other comments that were posted today, no one else got the update, just you huh? Either you rooted your device and voided your warranty or you photo-shopped the image to make it look like you got Android KitKat 4.4.2. Quit trolling around and getting people's hopes up. If anything, Verizon staff would have posted somewhere here or on their site about KitKat 4.4.2 if we were going to receive the update today.

0 Likes
Archon0670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only a total asshole would think this prank is funny.  Your parents must be proud of the way you turned out.

write4food
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder if it's worth switching carries for something like this?  Is there really that much of a difference between ATT and Verizon, regarding coverage and 4G service?

0 Likes
Naujit_Moreno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just call Verizon about our update and a Verizon rep told me that Samsung haven't released the update to him which that doesn't make sense for Samsung to hold the update from the Biggest phone company to date but this guy didn't sound like he knew what he was talking he used Google to see when we would get a update like we haven't already done that and then he told me not too many companies in the Usa have the update yet and I told him that was a lie and that every company have except us smh... I'm tired of Verizon!

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

2014-04-22-23-32-46.pngThis is the version I have.

0 Likes
thegman4ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

The fact that T-mobile, Sprint, & Att all have released the 4.2.2 update to the note 3 just makes me want to leave Verizon more and more. and Verizon stating that Samsung has not release it to them is BS when Verizon is the biggest of the carriers. what it is, just like all other big companies, their customers come last.   I suggest everyone do what i am doing. Leave Verizon.  The NOTE 3 is unlocked from factory.  you can put any sim card in it and use any carrier.  I will be going to T-mobile at the end of the month.  They have good prices and they keep their phones up to date.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You phone is still a Verizon Note 3. Putting a T-Mobile SIM in it won't give you the kitkat update. Also you won't get 4G speeds either. Seriously this is all silly. I have kitkat on my G2. I've not notice much of anything different. My life hasn't changed one bit. Seriously you are not missing anything. What even more funny is that if Google never came out with kitkat you'd be perfectly fine with you phone. Seriously I'd like to know what you think you are missing out on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your business thegman4ever! We would never want to see you lose the quality of the best network and support over an OS update! What good is a device or OS alone without those attributes? What specifically do you find lacking with the current OS?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
imperfect

I don't know each individual thing we are missing out on.  The Samsung sidesync 3.0 is one feature I was really anticipating. Until this update is released I cannot use a feature my phone should have is very disappointing.

0 Likes
cunningj8
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe this is why Verizon hasn't yet offered the 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Note 3. LG G2 users seem to have a problem with battery drain along with other issues: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues ... If that is the case, then I would now rather wait until they have worked out the bugs to get rid of the issues and make KitKat more stable when it's released for the Note 3. Sure 4.3 JellyBean is old, but at least it is stable at the moment.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Also, I saw KitKat on my friend's Note 3 (he has Sprint) and I didn't see any real difference except all the icons in the status bar are white and maybe a slight difference in UI with the way the icons look on the home screen and camera icon on the lock screen.

0 Likes
Naujit_Moreno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just read that Verizon is pushing out kitkat for S4 right now... Don't know how true this is http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/25/verizon-galaxy-s4-android-4-4-update-arrives-galaxy-note-3-m...

0 Likes
crazyoldman
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's true.  My son's S4 is being updated as I type this.  Still no word on the N3.

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is so insane why this wasn't done before. I sit here keep checking to see if maybe it pushed through. We prob won't get it till the end of May till they see how the s4 is doing. We have these great phones good service and a lack of updates.

micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

If we look at the first posting of this discussion, it was posted on March 2nd 2014. I am 99.9% sure that people were asking when the KitKat will be out prior to that date, which brings me to my concern. So, now they say May, and then June, then July, OOPS! I heard that I new firmware was to be out around June or July, so while we are getting the KitKat, our competitors who already have the KitKat will be getting the upgraded firmware. I just signed a petition that has been circulating to wake up Verizon and provide the quality customer care service that AT&T, T-Mobile, and others are currently providing. I am tired of all the smoke and mirrors.

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

My main point is this.  It should not be up to the carrier when we update our mobile device's OS.  Plain and simple.  I would love to see Verizon be the first to say, "no more restrictions, if you want us to manage your OS, no problem, if you want to run bleeding edge betas, go for it"  Imagine a company going back to that mentality...