NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
kebo901
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anybody received the 4.4 kitkat update yet on their note 3 update? My friend who has a note 3 with tmobile has received it already.

Labels (1)
271 Replies
micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, here is something that will really make all of us upset. I have read that here will be a 4.5 coming out this summer, and we have yet to get the 4.4. How about none of us pay our bill until we get what we pay for, which is good customer satisfaction.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

We can also spread the word about how Verizon have fail to their customers, to family, friends, co-workers, on all communication medias (like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.) to let possible future customers how frustrated and disappointment they can be on Verizon.

Maybe this will make possible that one day....Verizon change and finally customers on Verizon will get treated with the respect they deserve.

Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

"We focus outward on the customer, not inward. We make it easy for customers to do business with us, by listening, anticipating and responding to their needs.

We know our products and can explain them to customers. We focus on fundamental execution. We are accountable and we follow through with a sense of urgency. We know that having the highest ethical standards is a competitive advantage."

This is on the Verizon credo page...I laughed...look it up.....I completely agree on not paying Verizon or at least not all of my bill...no excuse Verizon...

tazoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right not pay our bill hmmm lol

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So back to hating on Verizon.  Just encase everyone is not aware.  KitKat was announced on September 3, 2013.  The first device was running it on October 31, 2013.  Many of the other wireless providers released KitKat to their Note 3 owners around February.  Verizon is yet to even have a release date....

Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I decided to update my device myself.  Now my $1000+  worth of equipment finally works right.  Gear 2 works perfect, and Google camera is really awesome.  NO ISSUES AT ALL & NO BLOATWARE. 

Screenshot_2014-05-06-16-28-23.png

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's the way to go, the waiting is over for us Smiley Happy.

0 Likes
rosedillinger90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's just the most lovely chat I had with a representative. Just to point out, I expected it to turn out this way, but I pretty much cut straight to the chase.

Chat transcript removed as required by the

So yeah. I doubt she'll do anything about this. She probably said that to get me out of her hair. And if she does, they will probably disregard it like many others before me. Just thought you guys would like to hear another tale in the legendary "Battle for KitKat" xD

Message was edited b: Admin Moderator

jboogie987c
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's funny how you got 2 different answers in one chat session. Just hilarious!!

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

The run-around is all you'll get. The real deal will be when the first person posts a screenshot of the official Verizon OTA KitKat update popping up on the screen, then you know we all will be getting KitKat within a few days since Verizon "releases in groups" as Melissa said in your chat session.

0 Likes
benjaminzsimon
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I'm on the phone with Samsung right now. But what Verizon did just tell me is that they have it in there computers set to be pushed out in June or July... which is bull!!!! I also asked and she said yes the galaxy s5 have 4.4 already installed... so Verizon basically does have the update just only for the s5 right now.... i am anxious to get the update too now that i see everyone wants it sooo bad, but does anyone even know how big this update is? is it an update to change the whole look and feel of the phone or just some bug fixes??? so the lovely person I'm speaking to in India at Samsung has no idea when they plan to push it to Verizon so they can release it... being transferred to advanced tech support. So they just said they aren't the ones who give the update to Verizon.... Google is. Anddddd now calling Google tech support. Will post again when I have more.

cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

That doesn't make any sense. Why would all the other major carriers have it, push it out and then Verizon hasn't received it yet?

0 Likes
tazoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lol just for a good laugh I just called cs and asked about kitkat update

for the note 3 and the pleasant woman said (oh you will get it soon) I

asked an ETA or proposed time and that I would like to have an idea and she

said (oh I would imagine in the next 30 days) I said oh you have a nice

imagination and she laughed and asked me if I had any other concerns, lol

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Nice!

0 Likes
Tizzmahnizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are just giving you the run around. Their crap customer service will try to send you running around..instead of telling you to pound sand

jboogie987c
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also sent a message to the VP of Customer relations South division and got a return call today. Was unable to answer before his Assistant hung up. Called back and it went to some Voicemail bank. I guess my email voiced the displeasure of our concerns about company communications and tech support. We'll see how this goes....

it3fergie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I just got off the phone with Lauren the local Manager at the Rock Hill Verizon store in SC. She said that it was coming and that I had to keep my phone. Then when I told her I could take my business elsewhere she said OK...then tried to back out of the statement when I questioned the fact that the appropriate answer to my complaints was to leave Verizon.....

They are still trying to blame Samsung and the fact that they are Quality control testing the software. It is BS of course......

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

They already have the KitKat for the Note 3 on their hands, they should release it and stop making up excuses. 

A proof of that is there is a leaked image of the Verizon Note 3 with KITKAT.

Screenshots_2014-05-06-14-27-22.png

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A leaked version of the OS is still unofficial and users not familiar with how the phone works can risk breaking their devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you should also be aware that discussion of rooting and hacking of devices isn't allowed on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum because of the Terms of Service here. Users who want to modify the phone can go to XDA and other similar sites. I know what is involved myself as I have modified one of my earlier devices. However I found I like the stock OS and minor adjustments like third party launchers on the newer devices. Not everyone has the means, knowhow and time to modify their phone. The majority of the users who find their way to the VZW forum probably don't even know the terms used for modifying the OS, so don't encourage something they don't understand.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes