Navigator suddenly inaccurate
gregwga50

Recently I have noticed  Navigator and Maps on my Fascinate phone are sometimes not very accurate. Last weekend, I was looking for a certain chain restaurant that has multiple locations and the only one it showed me was about 10 miles away when I knew there was one less that 2 miles  from me. On a separate occasion, it also showed my current location as being about a mile from where I actually was, so the directions it gave me where from where it thought I was instead of where I actually was.

These are not isolated instances and seem to be coming increasingly more common.  It seemed like this used to didn't be a problem until lately, so I don't know if I've turned some setting off by accident or what.

0 Likes
Re: Navigator suddenly inaccurate
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

which navigator and which maps?

they are only as good as th info they can retrive.

if your using google nav/maps

try searching on your pc and see what shows up.

not everyplace is in there

0 Likes
KYBlueDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

EA28 updated hosed my gps reception as well. Sometimes I show 2500-3000 meter accuracy readings. Ok if you just want to know what state you're in, but useless for anything else.

0 Likes
gregwga50

I agree. My worked fine until some of the recent updates, that's when I started noticing the problem.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you have to make sure ALL GPS services are turned on under settings for google to accurately and quickly lock on to your location.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you m91-30 for your input. However, the Froyo 2.2 update has not been released as of yet. When it becomes available, the update will be pushed out to the phones. Perhaps doing a soft reset of the device ( i.e., powering off the device a full minute before powering it back on) can refresh the location for the GPS to find you at the place where you are located. 

Thank You,

edw@vzwsupport

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you everyone for your help. You may need to reset your GPS location settings off, and power cycle your phone off/on next time. Please do report any inaccurate directions or missing locations so it can be corrected. To report inaccurate or missing points of interest, go to www.vznavigator.com and sign in using your My Verizon user name/password. On the middle right side of the page, click the link in the "Points of Interest Did you find an address or location that is incorrect?" section.  

0 Likes
gsp10
Just Use google maps instead of the navigator its free.and the fascinates gps isnt exactly accurate
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

mine has been accurate since day one I agree, use free google maps, not the pay for vz navigator. I love how a vzw employee can't tell a signature from a post. I haven't mentioned froyo being available to the masses for free until this post in this thread,

0 Likes