Network Extender is awesome!!!!
BLed

The network extender has enabled me to go from a signal that ranged from -97dBm to -102-dBm, to around-64dBm to  -78dBm. For the first time since December 2007 when I moved to my new home.  I can make and receive calls in my home without asking the caller if I can call them back from my landline phone!   

BUT... now despite all the lights on the network extender being a solid blue color as they should be,  the weather widget on my HTC Incredible 2 shows my current location as being a town almost 90 miles away.  My location on Google maps is showing correctly. I'm pretty sure the problem is the network extender, since when I was at work yesterday my location on the weather widget was correct.  Any suggestions??

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender is awesome!!!!
reanbow8
Where can I buy network xtender for my HTC incredible. I live farmland eastern shore Maryland. Or would new iPhone 4 b better?
0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

BLed, I am glad to hear you are having a great experience with the Network Extender.  I can confirm the GPS the Network Extender uses is strictly for Enhanced 911 capabilities.  It does not interact with any other location based services or track where you are at within your home. I would suggest checking the other GPS services provisioned on the device, press Menu>Settings>Location. GPS is most accurate when not in a building so the results you get while in your home can't be definitive though I understand 90 miles is excessive. I am happy to continue troublshooting your GPS concern.

reanbow8, check out the Network Extender website for pricing, reviews and FAQ related to this product. As you can see by the previous post the extender is beneficial for buildings experiencing low signal quality. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

BLed wrote:

The network extender has enabled me to go from a signal that ranged from -97dBm to -102-dBm, to around-64dBm to  -78dBm. For the first time since December 2007 when I moved to my new home.  I can make and receive calls in my home without asking the caller if I can call them back from my landline phone!   

BUT... now despite all the lights on the network extender being a solid blue color as they should be,  the weather widget on my HTC Incredible 2 shows my current location as being a town almost 90 miles away.  My location on Google maps is showing correctly. I'm pretty sure the problem is the network extender, since when I was at work yesterday my location on the weather widget was correct.  Any suggestions??

I'm confused.  What's the above post doing in the Fascinate forum?

0 Likes