Re: Network mode not on a preferred setting but don't have choices to change network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have everything set up the way you need it. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assitance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Re: Network mode not on a preferred setting but don't have choices to change network
moonchiled

I am having service issues with this same message. My phone will go to LTE randomly and not stitch back to 5g without a restart of the phone

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

If that is the case why are all of us customers seeing the same thing? Could it possibly be that Verizon's Apps and Services need an overhaul? Just asking?

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

If that is the case why are all of us customers seeing the same thing? Could it possibly be that #Verizon Apps and Services need an overhaul? Just asking

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Dsteward,

Following is how I was dealt with after numerous calls into Verizon concerning your same issue:

I spoke with Diane(Tier II Tech Verizon), she (Diane) stated to me the reason I am having issues with my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 256GB is the software from Samsung and since this is a device provided to me via ASURION due to a claim on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 256GB (which had same issue but I slammed in trunk lid) I need to take it up with ASURION whom would need to replace my device due to warranty. When in fact the problem lies within Verizon and the Verizon Apps as I have stated numerous times. The Verizon Apps are not updated to keep up with the software of the manufactures releases of new devices and we the customers are the ones who suffer. As Verizon has no Accountability, Dignity, and definitely ABSOLUTELY NO INTEGRITY!! Read thru Verizon Community Chat and try to tell me one more time that it is my device and no one else has the issue. Lol... Good one!! Wake up and update the Apps to work with the latest and greatest device you are selling. You will not control my device I will move on if needed. Your customer support is 100% down right unacceptable!! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SaltyS21U_User,

I depend on my phone every day and would be concerned too if I were having any problems. When you file an insurance claim through Asurion, they provide a 1 year warranty. Any warranty replacements would have to go directly through them. What specific issues are you experiencing with your device today?

-Christopher

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

CHRISTOPHER,

Please help understand, you are asking about the issues I am having? 

How about reading the title of the issue and concern here!

"Network mode not on a preferred setting but don't have choices to change network" 

Have you figured it out yet, or are you going to blame Samsung  or anybody else you may choose to?

Thanking you in advance.

SALTY... And becoming more so each and every letter typed.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
Dsteward
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jeff, I completely agree! I find it 100% unacceptable that Verizon who had net profits of 20.8B for the 12 months ending 06/30/22 won't/can't update their software so that their diagnostics run correctly on their carrier locked phones. 

Instead, customers are either told not to worry about and there is nothing that can be done or they blame a 3rd party.

SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Christopher, 

I am getting  Getting messages when doing health check on the Verizon app that states your network connectivity could switch to a faster network if you were on LTE/CDMA and when going to check my network settings I am not able to change them. Which is the same thing that everybody in this discussion is having.

HELLO.... HELLO... HELLO!!!!

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
Dsteward
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and then there's this, the CSR's arr unable to see all the responses to this entire thread so each and everyone of the complaints are to be re-explained each time!  Again, unacceptable!