Never ceases to disappoint
tiredofverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Buy a nexus for the latest and best software, just don't expect to get it from verizon.  Same old crap no information, no update, no scheduled release date. Just stone cold silence.   The only time bid red wants to talk to costumers is to tell them how great this "new" phone will be. I am finished playing this game I will never recommend this company to anyone but AARP members that need a company as agile as they are.

0 Likes
Re: Never ceases to disappoint
budone
Legend

You purchased the device based on software updates , that if anyone has followed VZW knows are painfully slow in being pushed.

Most buy a device based on how it performs, integrity, track record by the manufacturer to have a strong signal device.  OS updates  are the last thing most look for, or even think of.

0 Likes
megthered1

Verizon doesn't care about it's customers, you should know that. All they care about is getting your money. You will never see Jelly Bean on your phone. I tell everyone to stay away from Verizon.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I think your comment about AARP is uncalled for, if you don't die young, you

will get old also. Us old people have enough problems as will you someday

0 Likes
tiredofverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

In your haste to be offended as usual you miss the point. AARP which I am a member offers stupid little 4 button phones, that is offensive to me as is being ignored by Verizon. The complaint is about not upgrading phones in a timely manner.  No more no less.  

0 Likes
tiredofverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

The nexus branded phones are supposed to be developer phones.  Someone has to write the programs and fix the bugs.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

This forum is about Nexus, and not unrelated argumentative comments....which I just proved guilty myself........

There was no haste about it, and this is the first I've responded to you and you apparently have "selective" memory. You said:

I quote; " I will never recommend this company to anyone but AARP members that need a company as agile as they are."

I refuse to join AARP as I feel they have let their members down.

Back to topic, I've had trouble w/ dropped calls w/ Sprint and Verizon... apparently I live in a black hole for cell reception. I'm supposed to buy a network extender that costs over $250 to make up for my poor reception. Frankly I think they should provide it as I live in the heart of a city and not out in the sticks. I could get a refurbished one for a $100 but they never have them in stock. Seeing the poor reception on the list, I guess that's why.

My son-in-law is in management of a T-Mobile calling center. They have wifi

calling which would probably help many on this list. My daughter has a

Samsung Galaxy II which has wifi calling.....I think it would be a GREAT

feature for Verizon to provide. I requested it long ago before following

this list since the first of the year

0 Likes