New features under notification bar after update
samsungvoodoo

After I received an update there were some new features on the phone under the notification drop down like an auto rotation button and mobile data button, what do these do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New features under notification bar after update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The auto-rotation allows you to control if applications can rotate 90 degrees to landscape mode.

The mobile data allows you to turn off or on the 3G mobile network. You can still make phone calls, but you won't be able to connect with the 3G EDVO network. It is helpful if you are in a bad 3G location or want to save the battery.

I would sometimes turn off the mobile data at night so emails and other data sent messages would not disturb me and still allowed phone calls to ring.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TimSnyder

These buttons turn these functions on/off. Mobile Data turns your 3G

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The auto-rotation allows you to control if applications can rotate 90 degrees to landscape mode.

The mobile data allows you to turn off or on the 3G mobile network. You can still make phone calls, but you won't be able to connect with the 3G EDVO network. It is helpful if you are in a bad 3G location or want to save the battery.

I would sometimes turn off the mobile data at night so emails and other data sent messages would not disturb me and still allowed phone calls to ring.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes