New note 7
SINGTUNE4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I got the new Note 7, and am applying an update.  The phone is almost too hot to hold.  Anyone else having problems with the NEW one already?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: New note 7
bearone21
Legend

charging with phone on or off??

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
SINGTUNE4U-

Congratulations on your new phone! I'm troubled to read that you are having some concerns with the phone being too hot to hold. Is this only happening while you are applying the update? Do any alerts or errors appear on the phone that indicate that the phone is overheating?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IMARTI39

I had the same thing happen to me when I got the replacement.   While applying the update, it got to hot to handle that I had to put it down.   It was not charging at the time.   The funny thing is that my original Note 7 would not get even slighty warm under load even while charging.  I was reluctant to change it and now I'm getting a hot unit.   Would you suggest I go back to the store to exchange it?

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Have you guys re-check the IMEI on the samsung website? ...just to make sure your phone was not on the recall list (again).

I have one question for you guys successfully getting a new Note7 (which mine was still pending to be exchanged):  can the new battery charged to 100% or it's limited to less than full?

0 Likes
lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

the Samsung+ App has this feature built in, it will check the phone for you automatically:

Samsung+ - Android Apps on Google Play

SINGTUNE4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone was on.

0 Likes
SINGTUNE4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't get any errors or alerts.  It was while I was applying the update.  I haven't had my phone plugged in today, so I don't know yet whether or not it happens when it is just charging. 

0 Likes
SINGTUNE4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know.  Everything else seems ok.  I'm going to put it on the charger when I get home from work and see what happens tonight.

0 Likes
SINGTUNE4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  I made sure it was actually a new phone. It is.  😞