Nexus 4.0.4
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

<Comment deleted per ToS>

It is starting to become obviously that if those of us who purchased the Galaxy Nexus want it to work the way it was intended, the way the GSM variants and the way Sprints Galaxy Nexus works, then we are going to have to update it ourselves which is inappropriate comment deleted>. For some unknown reason Verizon will not push out the update even though Google announced it months ago and Verizon themselves announced the update in March. Is Verizon trying to figure out a way to force their bloatware onto the phone? I hope not.

One of the most frustrating aspects of this situation is Verizon's apparent lack of concern for those who bought the Nexus. They have to know that the majority of those that purchased this disgrace of a phone are having the same issues. You call to talk to Verizon support and some of the so called tech support claim to have no idea there are issues with the Nexus. Then those that acknowledge there are problems give you conflicting "help". Once I was told to contact Samsung and send them my phone. Another time I was told I could exchange my phone, that I purchased brand new, for a refurbished device of the same kind. Why would I want a refurbished Galaxy Nexus when I know it will have the same problems considering someone else already returned it cause it was broken. If I'm returning my phone I want one that will work. What I really want is a Nexus device that works, but as I am currently under contract with Verizon that will never happen.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Nexus 4.0.4
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I talked with Samsung today and they confirmed when it comes to the Nexus line they are not involved. The software comes from Google and Verizon tweaks it to its liking and then pushes it out. I also talked with a Verizon rep today that claims the update will come out sometime this month. Since there is only 8 days left this month I highly doubt we'll see it.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Love how Verizon keeps deleted my comments and editing them. There's no swear words in them. I guess they just don't like when someone points out the obvious. It's clear that Verizon's customer service has gone down hill ever since the first 4G LTE phone was released. The Thunderbolt was a disaster. The Bionic was delayed for almost 6 months. Their launch and handling of the Galaxy Nexus is a joke. I'm surprised Google even does business with this company. Verizon has done nothing for the past year but make Android an aweful experience. Is Verizon treating Android like a red headed step child because they are in the process of trying to make their own operating system or did they make some kind of back alley deal with Apple to screw over Android? At this point if you want a remarkable Android phone experience Verizon is not the company. The fact that they are always the last to update the phones the sale is pathetic. I'd expect more from the so called number 1 company in the country.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you actually read the Terms of Service for this community? It talks about not posting other items besides just swear words. Attacks against other users, modifying devices, discussing any of the actions by the Administrators or Moderators, posting of illegal activities just to name a few things that are listed as things a user can't post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

There was no attacks on or mention of any illegal activities. Figured people would be able to tell that by the other sentences.

First thing deleted in this post was to ask what happened to the other threads I started yesterday. They just vanished. And the second comment deleted was saying that we shouldn't have to fix our phones ourselves if they are defective.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I see the Gustapo have underlings trolling around.

See that an attack. Just wanted to show you an example so you could see the difference.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"First thing deleted in this post was to ask what happened to the other threads I started yesterday."

You asked a question about the actions of the Moderator. I have seen those get pulled each and every time during the time I've been here.

The other note looks pretty clear to me why it was edited.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually a reputable VZW source informed me (quite ironically) that every time a VZW customer buys an iPhone 4S, Verzion loses $53 to Apple. So basically yes, Verizon is now Apple's lapdog like AT&T. It kinda brings this whole Galaxy Nexus thing into context, I mean why else would Verizon make such a sham out of a simple OTA OS update that has been available for months? Apple doesn't want the GalNex to succeed, because it's a better phone overall when it isn't being held back by outdated software. Voice recognition that is damn near perfect, a much larger screen that offers the same (at least) level of image clarity (for those of you Apple fanboys I will explain this later), equivalent levels of hardware power, actual 4G data access (iPhone 4 and 4S lack 4G coverage altogether), much more intuitive autocorrect, and many other features make this thing at least a dead heat with an iPhone, if you can just get your hands on that elusive OTA update...

Now for the Retina Display thing, as I'm sure any Apple fanboy that reads this post is going to try to call me out and declare that Retina is the Jesus of mobile displays I have this to say to you:

Apple Retina Display: 3.5" diagonal with 960(W) x 640(H) pixels. This isn't even 720p capable.

Samsung Super AMOLED Display (Galaxy Nexus): 4.65" diagonal with 1280(W) x 720(H) pixels. I love watching HD video on Netflix, etc. from my phone. Its wonderful.