Nexus Hangs while copying pictures from PC to Phone
cms941

Love the phone so far BUT.....

I was attempting to copy pictures backup up to my PC from my old phone. I am attempting to copy to the DCIM/Camera directory on the Nexus. It copied 3 pictures then acted as if it lost connection. Tried a few different cables,  used USB debugging mode, and both USB modes with no luck.

Anyone having this issue or find a workaround???

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Nexus Hangs while copying pictures from PC to Phone
rcschnoor
Legend

I have been told to try Airdroid from the Android Market, but have yet to try it.

0 Likes
fasteddy01

The phone can't enter sleep mode during the transfer. Otherwise it will hang. Change your screen timeout from 1 minute to ten minutes or keep touching the screen during the transfer to keep it from turning off. Check out this thread.

Hope this helps

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus/General-Thought-on-Galaxy-Nexus/td-p/752642

0 Likes
cms941

fasteddy01 wrote:

The phone can't enter sleep mode during the transfer. Otherwise it will hang. Change your screen timeout from 1 minute to ten minutes or keep touching the screen during the transfer to keep it from turning off. Check out this thread.

Hope this helps

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus/General-Thought-on-Galaxy-Nexus/td-p/752642

I selected the option in developer options to stay awake. This did not help.

Oh before someone asks I am using a WIN 7 64bit PC. I have also tried a WIN 7 64bit Notebook.

0 Likes
SVT202

Experiencing the same problem. I have attempted to transfer photos to the phone (unsuccessfully) on the following operating systems...

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Windows 7 64-bit

I have not attempted the suggested Airdroid as a possible work around. 

0 Likes
jgersh

I had the same issues as everyone else, tried developer mode and it still hung.  Then i made sure to keep the screen from timing out manually by moving my finger every so often.  I transfered 200 pictures and 10 videos from the SD card of my OG Droid to it in 2 minutes. About what i expected.  Hope they find a workaround for it but it wasn't a show stopper

0 Likes
gemax

I had same issues till today.I`ll try to explain what i did.

1.It worked with debugging on or off.

2.I had phone on MTP

3.It worked weather phone screen was on or off.

4.Before I would open the pic.folder on the phone and try to drag and drop.It hung like every one has been saying.Now I leave the pic folder from phone closed,and then dragged and dropped into closed folder.Works great.

5.I noticed If I ever opened the pic folder,perhaps to see what was in there,It always went back to hanging up again.In that case I just unplugged the phone from comp. and plugged back in and started over.

There is a file to download on Samsung site for Windows.Don`t really know what it does,I thought it might of fixed this problem.I tried both ways after i installed that file on comp.Didnt seem to help.

0 Likes