Nexus Issues
googleman

Purchased a SGN last week.  I love the interface that was created by the Google/Samsung team.  Once you get use to it -- it's great.

Wish the team had focused more on the hardware.  Here is a list of issues that I have uncovered in using the phone for less that a week:

• The speaker is poor.  Volume is not good; not good at all.
  • The antennae must be in the wrong place in the phone architecture as I'm dropping calls.  I've lived in the same house for 22 years and the route I take to my office has been the same.  I never, ever dropped calls with my Verizon Thunderbolt.  Now, its like, I am afraid to make calls. I can tell when I loose a signal as my Bluetooth headset disconnects and it happens frequently.
  • The screen movement from vertical to horizontal is EXTREMELY slow and sometimes doesn't happen.
  • The people icon takes forever to pull up my contact.  Very Slow.
  • The phone function is very slow to pull up the desired info.
  • I suspect there are serious issues between 4G and 3G signals.
  • I use to get 5 bars of signal strength in my home (tower not far away).  Now it's like 3 bars one minute and no bars the next minute.

I wish the development team had spent more time on hardware issues.  I'd be embarrassed if I were Samsung and Google.  The Nexus has tremendous potential but the hardware is awful. 

0 Likes
Re: Nexus Issues
greno
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call/reception problems are probably more a radio software issue than actual hardware problem.

We'll see when we get the next update.

0 Likes
googleman

Thanks for making the distinction.  Not an engineer. Just a heavy user who

expects good performance. Verizon performance has been very good over the

10 or so years since I switched from AT&T.

Tom <personal information deleted per the TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Googleman,

Having same problems as you.  Getting a -110 db signal strength and I have an unobstructed view of the tower less than 1/2 mile away.  Phone virtually unusable for calls especially those lasting more than ten minutes.   Pleading to Verizon.....they connected me directly to Samsung.  Told at Samsung that I need to send my phone in for a repair.  Gave me address label and all.  Oh it will me a minimum of a three week turnaround time before I get my phone back.  Probably a bad antenna they say.  No guarantee that my problems will be solved.  I just can't believe Verizon continues to sell these phones.  I have a friend who has the phone and has the exact same issues and she lives 40 miles away from me.  Phone is great other than it doesn't work for the basic purpose it was intended to.  Make calls.....

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sooner rather than later I hope....

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

excuse me, but i need help, please anyone here who know how to solve galaxy nexus volume issue.. it is usually too maxed when i receive a call.Smiley Sad

http://www.verizon-cellphones.org/tips-samsung-galaxy-nexus-call-volume-issueminish-volume.html

0 Likes