Nexus Keyboard
Tam069

I am having trouble with my keyboard non my android, I cant do anything with my phone!  Everything I try keeps coming up with the message.... Keyboard android has stopped working. I have turned it off, took out the battery and nothing works!!  Anyone know anything about this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Nexus Keyboard
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry I can't help much as I use SwiftKey keyboard instead of the stock keyboard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Nexus Keyboard
steampunk_cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have not checked your default keyboard settings, select MENU>SETTINGS>LANGUAGE & INPUT and look just below DEFAULT to verify that "English (US) - Android keyboard" is shown. If it is, tap on the menu icon to the right of the heading "Android keyboard" and check your keyboard preferences, making any changes as needed. If the default keyboard does not say "Android," tap on the word "Default" just below the heading KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS; if Android keyboard is not the input method indicated (typically by a blue dot), tap on the words "Android keyboard" and make your input settings.

If your default keyboard preference and settings are correct and you're still having problems, go back to the first screen in SETTINGS and tap on the word "Apps" under the heading DEVICE to display a screen that lists all of your device applications in three columns: DOWNLOADED, RUNNING, and ALL. Touch the right edge of the screen and swipe across to the left until the ALL apps column is visible. Scroll down and tap on "Android keyboard" to display its app info. Tap on the shaded words "Clear data" and tap "OK" on the small popup. Exit settings menu, power off the device for 30 seconds, and power back on.

If problem/s still exists, remove device battery (while powered on) for 30 seconds, insert battery, and power back on.

If all of this doesn't help, call Verizon Technical Support who will either recommend a complete data backup (FIRST) followed by a full factory reset (SECOND) or replacing your device.

0 Likes