Nexus Price Drop to $199 and Refund Difference.....
mrCrumbSnatcher

Out of curiosity.... I bought my Nexus 8 days ago for $299 (minus $30 for the 2 year "loyalty" credit).  I realize I'm still in the 15 day refund period.  If I call up Verizon and ask for a refund for the difference, what do you think I can expect?  Will they actually make me return it to the store and ding me for a $35 return fee and make me re-buy it?  Will I still have the $30 loyalty credit to re-buy the phone?  Do you think they will be "cool" enough to simply give me the $100 difference back?  Does anyone have experiences to share regarding Verizon and these types of situations? 

Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
Re: Nexus Price Drop to $199 and Refund Difference.....
fed1234

I've read on other message boards that you are entitled to the discount.

0 Likes
mrCrumbSnatcher

Thanks Fed. I'm going to call today and see what they say.  I'll report back.

0 Likes
RCool2u

I just bought 2 Droid Razr's in a local Verizon Store last week for $199.00 each. They went on sale online yesterday for $99.00 each. I called Verizon and they are now crediting my account for $200.00, the difference between the sale price and the price I paid. I believe you have to dial *611.  As long as you're within that 15 day return period you should be ok.

0 Likes
mrCrumbSnatcher

Called the Verzion Hotline Support.  They confirmed that Nexus is indeed $199.  But couldn't give me the credit because I bought it in the store.  Told me to contact the store and deal with them.  Called the store.  Only willing to refund me $65. Seems pretty Devil-ish to me.....

0 Likes
RCool2u

I initially called the local store and they told me to try *611 and the person I spoke with consulted her supervisor and after a few minutes of waiting, they came back with the good news that they were issuing a credit for the difference.

0 Likes
Holtinator

I called *611 yesterday and was issued a $100.00 credit, I purchased in-store but was within the 14 day return period, so was told no problem. Just ask nicely. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mrCrumbSnatcher

Just a final followup..... called *611 and they would not refund me as well since I did end up receiving a $40 "loyalty" upgrade credit.  According to the rep, the "strict" policy does not allow refund differences for loyalty credits.  If I would have waited an extra couple of days when the price dropped, then I could have applied the credit to that.

The funny thing is, every time I call Verizon, they send me a phone survey.  In this case, I asked the rep to ensure that I get one after the call.  She replied that I have not been chosen at random and will not be receiving one and cannot force send a survey.  How convenient.

Regardless, At least I got the $65 refunded ($60 dollars plus tax)......  I just hate getting nickeled and dimed, especially getting my Loyalty credit taken away from a customer who has been loyal for the past 13 years (going back to the airtouch days).

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

just call in to 611 and ask for a credit for the difference of $100. if they have any push back, ask the rep to search for "price protection policy". he/she will get the exact policy that covers this incident. the NE2 credit you received on your order, does not play into that policy at all. if the price dropped 100, you are entitled to that..

***BUT*** only if it dropped at the place you purchased the device. meaning if you bought it in the store, but the price only dropped online, your not entitled to the difference, because you didn't but it online.same practice works with any combination of sales location.also, if you were given a manual discount during the order(not a new every two credit, or a special offer discount, but an actual "courtesy discount"), then you are not entitled to the full 100, just the difference between what you paid and the new price.

that being said, if you were given $25 off the phone, "just because", then your only entitled to 75 back.

if you have any questions, PM me

0 Likes
JamesSC

Amazon is now selling this phone for $49. I think the companies know that there is a problem with this phone. I suspect it is probably a hardware problem and they are just dumping the phone now. They do not want to acknowledge the problem as that would mean a refund or replacement for all that have bought this defective phone.

0 Likes