Nexus hangs at Google logo
nexus4443

I have been running the newest OTA update 4.1.1 since release, everything is stock. Recently my phone started taking about 10 min to boot up and stays on the google splash screen. After 10 min of so it will boot. I tried doing a factory reset. It worked fine for a day, now its back to taking 10 min to boot up. I have multiple batteries so its a pain taking so long to boot up.

Should I have the phone replaced, or will I need to go through insurance? Anyone know if they will give me another nexus or will they give me a S3??

Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks all.

0 Likes
Re: Nexus hangs at Google logo
Colecago
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has started happening to me since last Friday now.  I have to battery pull every morning to get it to boot.

0 Likes
jjjr

I started having the same issue, and it also started about a week ago.  Mine is a recent replacement phone, to replace a nexus that started having restarting issues.  The replacement process was quite easy, I have to say.

0 Likes
nexus5555

I also am having this issue. My phone is out of warranty, but I have the insurance I pay for monthly. Do they have nexus phones left or will they send me a s3? I hear some rumblings about a 4.2 update coming soon, wonder if its worth waiting to see if the update fixes the issue. I am not holding my breath on this update, we all know how verizon is with updates. Am starting to be discouraged with this company. First I had issues with my galaxy tab 7.7 not installing the ICS update, which samsung had to reflash the device, now issues with my nexus.

0 Likes
Nemo_Aeternamn

What everyone is seeing is normal... because in jelly bean... they included a file check... so if the phone doesn't shutdown "gracefully" then it'll go threw the file check for corruption.. which is the hang on boot up your seeing

0 Likes
jjjr

Sounds good, except that we've been on JB since mid 2012 and this just

started happening within the last two weeks.

On Mar 1, 2013 1:06 AM, "Nemo_Aeternamn" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
DroidGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I have noticed this too with my Nexus within the last 4 weeks. Not all the time but when i reboot sometimes it takes long to boot to the Nexus symbol from the Google logo. Not 10 minutes but at least 5 minutes..

0 Likes