No *228 on Galaxy Nexus?
TK3041
Can I update roaming and program phone using *228 as I have with all other Verizon phones I've used? I tried to do so on my new Nexus and get a "Call not sent" error...
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No *228 on Galaxy Nexus?
budone
Legend

Basically look for a new PRL now and then. I just dont get all that excited about PRL's. Unless you are travelling where VZW does not offer native service, there is not a need to update the PRL.

If VZW places a new tower next dooe to you tomorrow, your phone will see it as VZW is the number one on the PRL list

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

*228 is not available on 4G phones.

It will update on its own.

0 Likes
TK3041
Didn't know that. Thanks. So there is no way to force an update now on a 4g phone? Is there a way to verify if the auto update is working properly?
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Basically look for a new PRL now and then. I just dont get all that excited about PRL's. Unless you are travelling where VZW does not offer native service, there is not a need to update the PRL.

If VZW places a new tower next dooe to you tomorrow, your phone will see it as VZW is the number one on the PRL list

0 Likes
TK3041
Thanks much! I appreciate the quick responses.
0 Likes
rapongallo

The way to update on the G phones it it pull the battery out and pull your sim card out and wait a min. and put it all back together and turn the phone back on.

0 Likes
jharris204

I called Verizon on this a few weeks ago. They said you can fry the SIM with *228, so the functionality was disabled. It should update on its own.

0 Likes
s002knh

all you have to do is added *22899 to contacts and dial it. the phone will program your  PRL from 15098 to 52642. You will get better signal and more stable on your data. I tried this on my phone about 2 weeks now. I have seem a lot better than with PRL 15098.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what's the 99 cause to happen, usable/any better on my 3g?

0 Likes
RandyRKelly

sweet the *22899 worked great

0 Likes