Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No *228 on Galaxy Nexus?
TK3041
Can I update roaming and program phone using *228 as I have with all other Verizon phones I've used? I tried to do so on my new Nexus and get a "Call not sent" error...
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: No *228 on Galaxy Nexus?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Basically look for a new PRL now and then. I just dont get all that excited about PRL's. Unless you are travelling where VZW does not offer native service, there is not a need to update the PRL.

If VZW places a new tower next dooe to you tomorrow, your phone will see it as VZW is the number one on the PRL list

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

*228 is not available on 4G phones.

It will update on its own.

0 Likes
TK3041
Didn't know that. Thanks. So there is no way to force an update now on a 4g phone? Is there a way to verify if the auto update is working properly?
0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Basically look for a new PRL now and then. I just dont get all that excited about PRL's. Unless you are travelling where VZW does not offer native service, there is not a need to update the PRL.

If VZW places a new tower next dooe to you tomorrow, your phone will see it as VZW is the number one on the PRL list

0 Likes
TK3041
Thanks much! I appreciate the quick responses.
0 Likes
rapongallo

The way to update on the G phones it it pull the battery out and pull your sim card out and wait a min. and put it all back together and turn the phone back on.

0 Likes
jharris204

I called Verizon on this a few weeks ago. They said you can fry the SIM with *228, so the functionality was disabled. It should update on its own.

0 Likes
s002knh

all you have to do is added *22899 to contacts and dial it. the phone will program your  PRL from 15098 to 52642. You will get better signal and more stable on your data. I tried this on my phone about 2 weeks now. I have seem a lot better than with PRL 15098.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

what's the 99 cause to happen, usable/any better on my 3g?

0 Likes
RandyRKelly

sweet the *22899 worked great

0 Likes