No Facebook Notifications ?
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I believe this is a Android 2.1 OS problem in general but does anyone else not receive facebook notifications? For example if someone post on your wall, comments your post etc.???

I have had this problem ever since I have experienced using Android Phones.  Verizon loaned me a LG Ally and I had no notifications.  When I got my X I couldnt get any and Now with the Fascinate I still dont. 

From other people's post I found out that this is a 2.1 problem? can anyone confirm that?  I found out the most you can do is downloaded "bloo" and have that running along with the normal FB app.  If that helps anyone you are welcome.

I also read that a user changed their Facebook email to their Gmail account and it worked then..can anyone confirm that?

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: No Facebook Notifications ?
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
I think the problemis a conflict with the Facebook widget and the Facebook app, if you have both. I havent turned on my facebook noticications but Ive heard of the problem.
0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

csalmjs wrote:

Now I believe this is a Android 2.1 OS problem in general but does anyone else not receive facebook notifications? For example if someone post on your wall, comments your post etc.???

I have had this problem ever since I have experienced using Android Phones.  Verizon loaned me a LG Ally and I had no notifications.  When I got my X I couldnt get any and Now with the Fascinate I still dont. 

From other people's post I found out that this is a 2.1 problem? can anyone confirm that?  I found out the most you can do is downloaded "bloo" and have that running along with the normal FB app.  If that helps anyone you are welcome.

I also read that a user changed their Facebook email to their Gmail account and it worked then..can anyone confirm that?

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

How do you like the Fascinate in comparison to your X? I've had my X for one week and i'm trying to figure it out; but I'm not completely blown away by it.  I fell in love with the Fascinate when my son went into get his Incredible. So debating if to change it before

I have the same FB problem and nothing helps, mine will not even give me recent posts when I refresh but post from upto 22 hours earlier, very annoying. I have my gmail account on FB and would get all my notifications on my BB but nothing on the X.  I hope in fact the update does solve this.  I barely have time to use my pc or laptop at home and FB is restricted in my office. 

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The easiest way to resolve this is to enable your notifications. First you will need to open up the application. Once you have it open hit the menu button and choose settings. After you have chosen settings you can then choose the top selection which is Refresh Interval, choose how often you would like for it to update. After you have chosen the interval check the box beside Notifications to make it active. Once you have done this you should begin to receive notifications on your device. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
jimmerz

I have 2.1 on my HTC Droid Eris and I get FB notifications.

I just ordered the Fascinate on line.  I should have it by Wednesday...so I am reading up on the forums.  As usual, there are alot of problems, but Since I got my Eris (first smart phone) I have had problems.  Some have been fixed throughout the year some have not.

I have a Love/Hate relationship with my Eris - I am just hoping the Fascinate responds quicker, can hold more apps without running out of space and I am able to make and receive phone calls.  

Just curious, I read somewhere that the movie Avatar came preloaded on one of the new Samsungs, is it on the Fascinate?  That would be COOL!

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey

to make a long story short...I got rid of my X as soon as possible.  I used a buddy upgrade to get the fascinate and i couldnt be happier.  I was not happy with the droid x ..AT ALL.

I say go with the fascinate.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I upgraded to 2.2, have Gmail as  my FB email and am still not getting any notifications or recent posts/updates.  I've un-installed and re-installed a few times and still nothing.   I have to go on via the browser  and then I see my notifications.  Has anyone had better luck?

0 Likes
jedimaster13212

I have the droid eris and for the past 2 weeks i havent been getting notifications via text message..I have it set up this way and i was getting them and then suddenly,nothing..I checked my fb mobil settings and there all correct..I removed my phone and reactivated it 3 times and still nothing..I followed the instructions from the verizon rep from below on how to "fix" it but it still isnt working..Is anyone else having the same issue and if so have you found any definate fixes to this?..Thanks

PS..Im using the facebook for android

0 Likes
jedimaster13212

I've been experiencing the same problem with fb for the past 2 weeks..It was working fine and then it just stopped..I removed and reinstalled it 3 times and its still not working..I followed the "verizon" tech instructions and still nothing..Im hoping it gets resolved soon,otherwise im just gonna get rid of it..Too much of a headache

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

You can try resetting your device then set up your notifications on your device. 

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Select "reboot Phone"

5. Allow the reboot process to complete until phone completely powers up

(**Safely un-tether the device from the computer before attempting this step)

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.***

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes