No USB connection with a Mac
meanie07

Before the update when I plugged my phone into my Macbook it was recognized as a CD.  Now, it isn't recognized as anything by my computer. I don't even have the option to mount the phone.  Anyone else having this problem or know a solution?

0 Likes
Re: No USB connection with a Mac
slattman92

I am having this same problem. The way I got around it is to purchance one of the USB micro-SD card readers. Here is a link...

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=micro+sd+card+reader&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unoffic...

It may be rather annoying to have to take your SD card out of your phone everytime you have to put something on it, but its better than nothing.

Also you might want to think about putting your files on a site like rapidshare.  Once you have all your files on the site, just email yourself all direct links of your files and download them straight to your phone!

0 Likes
meanie07

I do have a card reader, but I refuse to accept that as a solution.  I have Dropbox which I use for smaller files, but it's not a good solution for music/movies.  I just plugged the phone into my work computer with Windows 7 and I have the same problem - no option to mount.  It charges but nothing else.  This worked before the stupid January update! I thought froyo would fix the mounting problems.

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting to read this, since the Froyo update fixed my problem with connecting to the Mac.  Now I can connect via USB cable with no isssues at all.

I think some of the issues people have with this phone (and with other smart phones) may have a lot to do with what apps they have loaded.  There may be conflicts between apps, much the same as regular computers can have conflicts between programs.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. To connect the Samsung Fascinate to a Mac, follow the steps below:

1. Plug the micro USB cable directly into the Mac.

2. Plug the other end of the cable into the phone. 

3. Pull down the Notification bar and tap USB Connected. 

4. Tap Mount.

5. Depending on the amount of volumes, one or two drives will appear on the right. Click on one to explore the file structure.

6. When a folder or file is found that you desire to transfer, simply drag and drop it to the desktop.

If the issue persists go to Settings > Applications > Development from the Fascinate and make sure it is turned off. Then go to Settings > Mass Storage and set it to be on. 

There is additional information at : http://androidforums.com/fascinate-support-troubleshooting/269719-fascinate-all-sudden-stopped-conne...

Thank you, 

0 Likes