No audio during phone calls unless using speaker phone or headset
Craft715

My husband switched to the Galaxy Nexus a few days ago.  All went well until he tried to make a phone call.  The audio occasionallyworks both ways during a phone call, but more often it doesn't work at all (either way) or cuts out in the middle of the call.  We have tried booting in safe mode to rule out interference from other apps, but the problem persisted.  When the audio isn't working, all other sound on the phone works fine.  It's only when placing a phone call without speaker phone or headset.  There is no sound at all - no ringing, no dial tone, nothing in either direction.  I installed a sound manager app last night and all was well until this morning.  He did plug in earbuds this morning, and the audio problem returned after he unplugged them.  I'm not sure whether the earbuds are contributing to the problem, but I thought I'd mention it.  He uses them a lot.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: No audio during phone calls unless using speaker phone or headset
ELpollacko

Same problem here. My phone worked great for a week then this problem occurred. After searching XDA Developers, one of the members there came up with an app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

Not a perfect solution, but does work. I have Emailed with the developer and has helped with any issues that pop up. I suggest the paid version, small price to pay but worth it to make the phone work again.

It would be nice if Verizon/Google actually cared about this issue.

0 Likes
Craft715

Thanks for the response.  We downloaded the paid version and now have in-call audio.  We found that there is no sound when streaming videos though, so we're working on that now.  Extremely frustrating! 

0 Likes
ELpollacko

In the Sound About menu, there are options for media audio. This is the area my phone has the most problem with. I have to often "check" the speaker option for media playing if that is what I want to use.

I use a AUX cable in my truck to play podcasts and sometimes show video to friends and family while using the speaker. I have to switch the way I use media sound back and forth.

0 Likes
Craft715

We found the media audio settings.  Thanks!

0 Likes