No lawsuit - just drop service
spaul40
I personally will drop service on Verizon in 2 months if they have not supplied the Froyo upgrade for the Samsung Fascinate. Since I have 2 of those phones, they will lose $150 a month. Yes, I will have to pay a fee for ending early; however, if enough of us threaten and do drop the service, we will hit them in the wallet. Much more effective than a lame lawsuit that will just keep one of their fleet of attorneys partially busy until they retire.
0 Likes
Re: No lawsuit - just drop service
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I  don't favor a lawsuit, all that I have asked of Verizon is an OFFICIAL VERIZON statement in regards to a Fascinate update to Froyo. This is really simple,  just 2 options:

1. Verizon will not upgrade the Fascinate OS.

2. Verizon is currently working to provide our Fascinate owners with a reliable Froyo update. It will be released when we feel it meets our high quality standards.

I can respect either 1 or 2. What I cannot tolerate is CORPORATE silence. If the silence continues, these are viable options that current paying customers can employ to have an effect on future Verizon earnings.

Do not recommend Verizon to anyone and make friends and family aware of your displeasure.

Remove all extra lines and services to bring your monthly bill to a minimum.

Verizon offers a variety of services besides wireless that can easily be replaced by competing companies.

In other words, vote with your wallet. There is no such thing as a company that is so big that it can afford to totally ignore the legitimate concerns of it's paying customers.

Verizon Wireless does have many good things to offer, but it offers nothing that cannot be purchased elsewhere.

0 Likes
gsp10
Its Just not worth yes verizon is full of lying thieves and uneducated employees that dont know anything about the products they sell.but in the end it doesn't really matter
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Smokie11 wrote:

I  don't favor a lawsuit, all that I have asked of Verizon is an OFFICIAL VERIZON statement in regards to a Fascinate update to Froyo. This is really simple,  just 2 options:

1. Verizon will not upgrade the Fascinate OS.

2. Verizon is currently working to provide our Fascinate owners with a reliable Froyo update. It will be released when we feel it meets our high quality standards.

Verizon has never been up front about anything so I doubt they'll start now.  Just look at the cluster surrounding the expected thunderbolt launch. 

0 Likes