No phone calls and text messages received with Updated Froyo
mswendy

Since the first update for Froyo, I have not been getting all my phone calls and texts. There will be no rings, no missed calls seen in the call logs, and no notification of any vmails (even though there are messages on it for the missed callees). I haven't been getting all my text messages in either. Either I won't receive, or the receipient wouldn't get my texts (all of which are Verizon users with other Droid phones). The number of bars jumps from roaming to 1x (1-2 bars) to 3g (4 bars down to 0 bars). My signal strength ranges from -78 to -84 dBm. 

I have called verizon, and they blamed it on the towers. They said they tried updating/fixing it. Obviously, it didn't work. I personally think it's not the tower because all my previous Verizon phones had full signals. I went into the stores - all of them either saying there's a bug on the phone, resulting in resetting the phone, repetitively doing *228. Nope, not working.

My family all have either the Motorola Droid and the HTC. None of their phones behave like the Samsung Fascinate. I have witness them call me, and my phone will not ring or show any missed calls. Likewise to the text messages.

I'm fed up. Signing a 2 year contract with this crap phone was a mistake. Please get your act together and find a solution, or provide us with another droid phone that actually works. Thanks.

PS - anybody out there with the similar problem??? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No phone calls and text messages received with Updated Froyo
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

mswendy wrote:

Since the first update for Froyo, I have not been getting all my phone calls and texts. There will be no rings, no missed calls seen in the call logs, and no notification of any vmails (even though there are messages on it for the missed callees). I haven't been getting all my text messages in either. Either I won't receive, or the receipient wouldn't get my texts (all of which are Verizon users with other Droid phones). The number of bars jumps from roaming to 1x (1-2 bars) to 3g (4 bars down to 0 bars). My signal strength ranges from -78 to -84 dBm. 

I have called verizon, and they blamed it on the towers. They said they tried updating/fixing it. Obviously, it didn't work. I personally think it's not the tower because all my previous Verizon phones had full signals. I went into the stores - all of them either saying there's a bug on the phone, resulting in resetting the phone, repetitively doing *228. Nope, not working.

My family all have either the Motorola Droid and the HTC. None of their phones behave like the Samsung Fascinate. I have witness them call me, and my phone will not ring or show any missed calls. Likewise to the text messages.

I'm fed up. Signing a 2 year contract with this crap phone was a mistake. Please get your act together and find a solution, or provide us with another droid phone that actually works. Thanks.

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, I am sending you a private message to address your concerns. I could review your account and try to provide an option to resolve your concerns. The specifics to your case as mentioned would make it necessary for speaking with you about your device issues. Also, there could have been issues with the towers in your area. This can happen perhaps due to weather related factors or other circumstances beyond our control. When this does happen, we do get our crews out to the troubled area to get service up and running quickly. Also, I could check for any of these types of service affecting alerts in your area to validate the claim as reported from customer service. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
setipollux

Exact same problem here.  Just brought it in to VZW store to exchange for a diffrent model.  Would not, since I was 1 day past the 14 day grace period!  Just got off phone support.  They are sensding out a reefurb/new one to replace it.  I doubt it will make a difference as the issue seems to be lazy coding on Samsungs part with the Froyo update.

I get no calls, no texts and sometimes after a reboot, the emails will start coming in.  Horrible.  Ill repost if the issue is resolved.

0 Likes
Barky7
Same basic problem...fascinate missing calls texts...seems to me to be data use related. As if when using data the notify for the incoming call is just missed. I have tried the same steps to fix with no better results. Does seem to be random times and that makes it hard to troubleshoot...
0 Likes
Islndgrl10

I have the same problem and in addition, all of the text messages I had prior to the update are gone!  Anyway to retrieve them???  My phone is basically useless right now

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Islndgrl10 wrote:

I have the same problem and in addition, all of the text messages I had prior to the update are gone!  Anyway to retrieve them???  My phone is basically useless right now

were they important?
didnt you have any software to back them up?

if not, then they are gone, never to bee seen again

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not receivng all calls.  Missed a call from my son's teacher last week.

0 Likes
dtolin

I called over the weekend and I was told by tech support that there is definately a problem with the software update from samsung and a new update is being sent out to phones but updates don't hit all phones at the same time. So who knows when we'll get it fixed!

0 Likes
rueboy818

same exact problem..no internet, texts not being received,no bars and signal in the negitives..all started after the new update.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

mswendy wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, I am sending you a private message to address your concerns. I could review your account and try to provide an option to resolve your concerns. The specifics to your case as mentioned would make it necessary for speaking with you about your device issues. Also, there could have been issues with the towers in your area. This can happen perhaps due to weather related factors or other circumstances beyond our control. When this does happen, we do get our crews out to the troubled area to get service up and running quickly. Also, I could check for any of these types of service affecting alerts in your area to validate the claim as reported from customer service. 

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Barky7,

If you have received the latest update ED04 that was released 6-9-11 and you are still experiencing this I would suggest a master reset.  Since the issue is random and there are no trends to address this would be the next step.  If that addresses it great, if it does not and all the other factors point to a specific device issue then we can go over what replacement options you have. You can do the factory reset by navigating to Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything on your device so if desired please back up.  Thank you.   

0 Likes