Re: No phone calls and text messages received with Updated Froyo
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
mswendy

NOT SOLVED!!!!

still continues to be the same problems.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Are you telling me that you the auther of this post did not mark it Solved

I rest my Case Someone at VZW keeps marking our posts Solved when they are not

As far as I know Only the person who Authors the post and VZW can do this

It was't the person who posted it so who did it ????

0 Likes
mswendy

i definitely did not solve this situation. each customer service keeps saying the same thing - reset your phone. how many times can one reset their phone to have the exact same issues???? 

just came back from verizon store..they are sending a replacement Fascinate phone. i sure don't want a refurbished phone. i did not pay $200 for a new phone to get a refurbished one. sorry.

losing my patience...

NOT SOLVED verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SOLVED!!!!!!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

mswendy wrote:

i definitely did not solve this situation. each customer service keeps saying the same thing - reset your phone. how many times can one reset their phone to have the exact same issues???? 

just came back from verizon store..they are sending a replacement Fascinate phone. i sure don't want a refurbished phone. i did not pay $200 for a new phone to get a refurbished one. sorry.

losing my patience...

NOT SOLVED verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SOLVED!!!!!!

Ask for a Droid X or HTC Incredible, I hear the reps are doing that now due to the numerous problems currently us fascinate users are having with this phone
0 Likes
marandaroo

I'm STILL experiencing the same (and additional) problems after Verizon sent a refurbished Fascinate that was 'supposed' to fix the original problems:

-Missed calls with no notifications (the only indication *might* be if someone leaves me a voicemail)

-Missed text messages

In addition, this refurbished phone also repeatedly freezes. It froze in the middle of accepting a phonecall, and I had to force quit the "phone application" because it unexpectedly stopped. I couldn't even power off, because the phone was frozen.

Next step is going to a Verizon store and demanding a different phone - this is obviously a piece of junk that should have never been released since it does not work as even a basic cell phone should. Not to mention all of the frustration and a complete waste of consumers' time to have to deal with all of this nonsense. 

0 Likes
Zakth

The problem is certainly not solved and will not be until Samsung releases a software update that Verizon buys and then test and then actually releases to the customer. I spoke to two different reps on the phone and was told that there was nothing they could do about this problem. I even asked to be switched to another device and they said that was no longer being offered since Samsung claimed to have fixed the problem with the ED04 update. The following day I went to my local VZW store and spoke to a csr there who wanted to send me a refurb, knowing this did not fix the issue I asked to speak to a manager who then ordered a DX2 as a replacement. It should be here tomorrow.

0 Likes
ibm360
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zakth wrote:

The problem is certainly not solved and will not be until Samsung releases a software update that Verizon buys and then test and then actually releases to the customer. I spoke to two different reps on the phone and was told that there was nothing they could do about this problem. I even asked to be switched to another device and they said that was no longer being offered since Samsung claimed to have fixed the problem with the ED04 update. The following day I went to my local VZW store and spoke to a csr there who wanted to send me a refurb, knowing this did not fix the issue I asked to speak to a manager who then ordered a DX2 as a replacement. It should be here tomorrow.

They are still allowing a switch to another phone. I called yesterday and was given a choice of an X2 or an INC2 (no Charge).

The whole process was very quick with no "factory reset" or "another fascinate" nonsense. The rep said they knew about the problem and since there was no immediate fix, they were giving people the option of a diff phone.

My X2 is on its way. I've had few missed calls, but when work and my manager are sent to voice mail, it was time to act.

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a few dropped calls, and one couple who said they called & left a message over the weekend, plus called a second time trying to reach me, and I never got either call, nor a voice mail.  I've called VZW and was told to keep track of my dropped & lost calls, and when a call drops, to hit ### right after that to "mark" the call in case their system didn't note it. 

I'm still within my 14 day window, so the CSR said she'll call me on Monday to see how things are going.  Interestingly, I'll have travelled from lower MI to WI and will be in WI for several more days so we'll see how things go.

Incidentally, this phone doesn't have much better signal than my old enV3 did.  I thought 3G was supposed to pull a better signal?  Our friend's DroidX has 3 bars of signal at our cottage, whereas this thing only has 1.  I know they're different phones, but they're both 3G and both Android phones so I'm a bit miffed about it all.  I've already bought a case for it, and downloaded a bunch of apps that I'll have to remove if I end up going to a different phone.

Comments?  Suggestions?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Community Members:

I am updating as many Fascinate forums as I can with the following info:

The new software is out!  ED05 is being released starting today!  Please update your phone whenever possible.  Here's the link for for software update details.  

Here are some highlights:

• Improved to properly receive incoming calls.
  • After sending a multi-recipient SMS message, single-recipient SMS messages will send correctly.
  • SMS message reply is sent to the correct recipient.
  • Google Books is now preloaded.

If you check for new software, and no new updates are available, please try again the following day. Thanks for your patience on this. 

0 Likes