No threads in email
rfeng

I'm looking for answers here.  So far I have no viable response from Samsung or Verizon.  Description of issue:  Someone sends me an email.  I reply on that email thread. 

I go to my 'sent' folder if I need to recall a conversation in an email concerning a particular subject or I want to send it to my Outlook. 

I open the email that I sent a reply and look for the thread of the conversation. 

There is no thread. 

Just my response.

I have never had a phone that performed like this. 

I prefer it performs more the way I need it to.  Is that possible?  Or am I stuck? 

I don't feel I need to have to get some other kind of email app just to make it work. 

I go through a pop3 server with my email. 

Other phones I have don't have this kind of issue.

My gmail doesn't have this issue.

My Outlook doesn't have this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: No threads in email
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The gmail app does do this (they are shrunk down above any unread messages in the thread when you open the latest one), the other email app, not so much.  There should be a setting to include the body of the previous email when replying, but this can make for some rather long emails.  You may not feel the need to go with a different email app, but that may be your only option.

0 Likes
rfeng

I realize that the gmail account shrinks them down and it also gives you the option to open up the thread. 

However I am not using a gmail account as my default email on Galaxy Nexus.  It is going through godaddy.  I have had the same godaddy account for years and have made it default on other phones with no issue.  Its only since I've gotten this phone.   The only answer I got was that some phones do this and some phones don't.  I cannot accept an answer like that. 

The other answer after I explained I use it for business is that the Galaxy wasn't a business phone type of product.   I don't buy that either.  Has nothing to do with how the email performs.  It seems to point to the native email program on the phone itself.  Again though............I am open to solutions that work. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Open email app and goto the account you want to change and click Menu / Options / Send and Receive (Menu may differ) and there is a option that says "Reply with Original Text" and I believe this should do what you are looking for..  Another option that may help is the "always BBC Me" option to send you a copy...

Email Options.png

0 Likes
rfeng

Unfortunately Galaxy Nexus does not have those type of settings.  It doesn't have that much end user control to it.

0 Likes
rfeng

Any other suggestions?  I'd love to hear them.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
rfeng

I'll take a look.  Just aggravating I have to go to a 3rd party email to make it work right.  Thanks

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Understandable but until a solution comes to light it is a guessing game to resolve.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly it works as intented so it is working right. Most people honestly don't like it threaded. Some of the complaints about email disappearing is due to threaded messages. Personally I prefer threaded myself, but the I see it... Google is trying to move everyone to their services. They have added features which are not in the basic email app. Gives some incentive to most users to move over or find a 3rd party app to fit their needs. At least you are not being blocked of choices.

0 Likes