Not Receiving Text Messages
JiffiEmo

I am sending text messages to people and they are not receiving them. Is there an issue with outgoing messages?

0 Likes
Re: Not Receiving Text Messages
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Are you getting a message that says that the message sending failed?

If not, it could be a problem sending it between 2 different providers.  Or the other person may be having some issues with reception.

Also, how long did you wait before checking to see if the other person received or didn't receive a message?  I've had messages take 2 hours or longer before (while using a different phone).

Finally, are you 100% certain that you sent your message to the right person?  If so, perhaps there was a delivery issue where the message might have been sent to the wrong person.  I've received some messages that CLEARLY were not meant for me, but I never know if it's a user error or delivery error.

If after thinking about all of this, you still think it's the phone, you can talk to a Verizon Wireless technician who can help you troubleshoot the problem.  Chances are, they will ask you to dial *228 and option 1 to program your phone, but you may want to talk to them first.

Sorry, I can't give you a definitive answer, but there's really no clear-cut answer for this issue as the phone doesn't really have a texting issue.

0 Likes
Weaver941

I **JUST** started having the same issue. I have had my Droid well over a year now and have NEVER had an issue with text msgs not being delivered. And now that I am Team mom, I NEED my texts to be delivered!!

The only change I made was when I created a contact group through Google GMail so that I would have the capability to send one text out to multiple people. Ever since then is apparently when I started to have issues. I sent out a blast text at 9:30 p.m. . Some people received it (according to the message status) and many did not until 4:30 p.m. the following day. I have read through several forums and some indicated that perhaps the message was too long to receive, etc. However, I send out a short,  7 letter response to someone last night and now more than 24 hrs later, has not been sent. The status indicates "sending".

As of this evening, I have reprogrammed my phone using the *228 feature but there are still a ton of messages in a "sending" status.

ANY help someone can provide is greatly appreciated!! I have a whole team depending on my communication!!!:smileysad:

0 Likes
ErnieTsMom

I'm having the same problem.  I talked to staff at the Verizon Store and Online Tech Support.  Went through all of my settings and couldn't find any problem.  The people that aren't receiving are people that I've texted with prior to getting the new phone.  They have a variety of phones and a variety of carriers.  I was able to send two of them a 'group message' and they received it so the problem seems to be SMS vs. MMS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ErnieTsMom. Thanks for trying so hard to get your messages through. Have you tried making sure to send the text message to a 10-digit number? Basically, without going through your contacts and ensuring there's no 1 before the number. That can sometimes cause trouble sending messages. If the message is successful, it may be the way the contact was saved into your phone.

Since you are able to get some messages through, that helps me know it's something more device related than network related. Are you using any third-party messaging applications? Try removing them http://bit.ly/TeFNQh and use the native messaging application.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RyanSimone631

(duplicate post..same information posted on this link: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/784996)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
annie_w

I have been having this issue for a few months. Once in awhile I will get notification my sent text failed, but most of the time it doesn't say there was any delivery error. I have also been told that various people I have texted will receive double or even triple texts (the same message) most of the time. I have gone through my contact list, no 1's in front of the numbers. Not just cross carrier issues (happens VZW to VZW as well). I have updated my PRL by dialing *228. Still having issues....

0 Likes