Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,788 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Not automatically connecting to home wifi
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2
I posted this on another forum and there was only one response and not any solution. I have noticed this only since the latest update to the Note 3.  Before that when I left range of my home wifi the phone would go to LTE and  upon returning home, automatically reconnect to my home wifi. Now it  goes to 4g when I leave, but does not reconnect when I return home. Wifi is actually off so I  think it is turning off when I am away for wifi for an extended period. I  do not remember for sure, but I think before, wifi did not actually  turn off. I think it just went out of range and then started using it  again when I returned home. I don't really recall the specifics except  that before I never had to do anything to get it to start using our home  wifi network. lt would just automatically reconnect when I got home.  Now unless I remember to turn wifi on manually when I get home, I could be home all  weekend and still be using data.
Below are my advanced wifi settings. Thanks for any suggestions.

Notify: Off
Passpoint: Off
Sort by: Alpha
Keep on during sleep: Always
Always allow scanning: Tried both Unchecked and checked
Auto network switch:  Tried bothUnche Checked

0 Likes