Re: Not getting emergency alerts on my Galaxy S7??
Tannaa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree   same issue.  All settings correct but Verizon is refusing to acknowledge issue and fix

Kali284
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so once again - I am not getting emergency alerts.  Today I didn't get the presidential alert.  While I would generally say I would prefer NOT to hear from the president because any way you slice it, it isn't likely to be good news, but if we are under attack or something, I WANT TO KNOW!

Right after I submitted this post, I turned all of my alerts off and back on again, and they worked for exactly one week.  Then they stopped.

I don't give a crap if this is Samsung's issue, Android's issue or Verizon's issue.  I bought the phone from Verizon and it needs to FREAKING WORK!!!   I am so sick of Verizon not standing by their products or doing jack when they don't work. 

This is in the same bucket as how occasionally my WiFi connection on the phone gets turned off and I get dinged for data, my bluetooth randomly gets turned off and my GPS is REGULARLY turned off, even though I don't change the settings.  ENOUGH!

Im911foru
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S7 does not have Privacy and Emergency tab on settings page.

ztruk8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have not been getting alerts, I have them all turned on.  I did not get the presidential alert today either...

Im911foru
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S7 does not have privacy and emergency tab to choose from on settings page.

0 Likes
ztruk8
Enthusiast - Level 2

My location services is on.

RYAVAN39
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife's phone (also an S7) did not receive the Presidential alert today either. All of the settings are turned on. When we looked in her history it looks as though she has never been receiving Amber Alerts, weather alerts, etc even though they are all toggled on. ???

CORIT63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S7 owner, and I did NOT get the Presidential Alert today - Oct 3.  All settings are turned "On".   I have not ever gotten the alerts for weather, Amber, etc. I gave up trying to get it to work. 

ztruk8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, same here, very frustrating...

PIPERAIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our Samsung Device Galaxy S7 edge did not receive the Presidential alert today Oct 3, 2018. This phone didn't receive the three State alerts concerning a water quality earlier this year. 

This has to be a software or hardware issue and it is irresponsible for Verizon to  dismiss this as unimportant.  I have read through a number of threads about this very same issue on this device. Multiple users have followed the advice to check settings and adjust them as necessary, with no resolution.

If it helps, I do remember receiving an alert on the phone but it has been a year or more. This screams software update issue! 

The Emergency alert system is in place for public safety.  I can't always be around others with devices that get alerts.  This issue has a direct impact on my safety.